Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.

Thread: 15mm X 42mmR

Thanks

15mm X 42mmR

Greetings All,
    At a recent arms fair, a fellow picked up a small bag of rounds, all the same with lead projectiles & black powder filling. Can anyone ID the rounds from the pics please & what firearm would they have been used for?
    Thanks, Regards Ozzi.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Premium Member
    Thanks
    The cases are 24 bore brass made by Deutsche Waffen und Munitionsfabriken.

24 bore cases are often used for home loaded .577 Snider rounds, and 15mm is about the right bullet size.

Edit: I just noticed the cases are shorter than usual for a Snider. Maybe for a .577 howdah, or even a solid load for a 24 bore shotgun?

Last edited by reccetrooper; 2nd October 2019 at 05:35 PM.
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Photo from post #109583 on this source, http://forums.nitroexpress.com/showf...fpart=all&vc=1 , shows three different case lengths for the 24 bore Lancaster. The two shorter cases are for a 24 bore bulleted cartridge (kugelpatronen).

Attached Images Attached Images
    Wanted: Baton/Irritant rounds (inert) and associated items, .700 NE (inert) and boxes (empty), .32-40 cartridge boxes (empty), WW2 British shotgun cartridge boxes (empty), Greener Police Gun cartridge boxes (empty). Message me if you have any of these items for sale/trade.