What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 German HZ 14, HZ14 Fb and HZ 14 Vorst. fuzes

Fuze HZ 14 - HZ14 Fb - HZ14 Vorst. German WW1 fuzes
percussion 57.5mm fuze-detonator, without delay for light howitzers

The HZ 14 is an impressive fuze of a heavy weight when found in battlefields as they are made entirely of brass.

The models that followed the first one (HZ 14 introduced in 1914) used a centrifugal force arming system (HZ14 Fb or HZ14 Votst. Fliehb.) as well as a safety pin (HZ14 Vorst. Fliehb.)

Equipped with a 55gr. acid picric detonator it was used with explosive or gaz shells of

90mm K 73/88 guns
100mm K97, K04, K14 guns
120mm sK 12cm heavy guns
150mm IFH 98/09 light howitzers
150mm IFH 16 light howitzers
IFH Kp Krupp light howitzers
etc.

Attachments

• HZ14Fb.jpg
    HZ14Fb.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 46
Realy nice !!

Thats a realy nice fuze too Dano

Here in europe you get a lot of this kind of fuze i think it is a often used fuze in the ww1 !!

Regards David

Hz 14

Hi Dave, That HZ 14 is not mine (wish it was) but I have one on the way in a trade deal. that Dopp Z 96 is mine and I was glad to get it. I know it's not rare, but the condition is so nice just had to get it. How's the 15cm shell coming? Did you decide to restore it? Dano

good morning Dano

yes but i am now on a buissnes trip for one months in india when i will be back i will start to restore the 150 mm shell and also the practise round 105mm a lot of work !
yes thats right the condition of that fuze is realy nice what kind of german fuze you are searching for ore al typ of ??

Regards David

Gr z 92

Hi Dave, My main number one want is the single effect percussion German WW1 GR Z 92 fuse. I attached a picture. It is not a rare fuse just having a hard time finding one over here. I know the postage from Germany would be high but would not be a peoblem if you can locate one. Best. Dano

Attachments

• grz92.jpg
    grz92.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 25
Hi Guys

seeing this post only 11 years after it was crated

Just wandering why the pics have been cropped to remove the website logo they were taken from ?

www.passioncompassion1418.com is not a commercial website and it is OK to borrow any documentation or pic from it but it is just polite and rewarding to indicate the source to support the hard work the webmaster (me !) gave to build this

No real harm done, but please remind

I hope anyway Dano finally found his fuzes

Bernard