What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

letter from the law?

waffenamt

Hi Chaps,

i just got a letter in the post from a Lincolnshire policeman who says ive had a transaction with an ebay seller who is a faker?

anyone else had the same letter?

best

waff

Hi Waff, does this mean that the Guy himself is a fake or he is selling fake goods ? I presume the letter itself is genuine and not a scam ? Tony.

Hi lads,

im still trying to get hold of the copper!,
at first i thought i had been bagged for speeding when i saw the `crowned -cabbage` at the top of the sheet.
The letter has asked for my ebay ident and address??,this i thought they would know already to write to me?
I dont like how it smells so i will let you boys know as soon as i get details.
Im out on calls later today,so likely it will be tonight before i know more.

best

waff

Hmmm,no phone call yet off the old bill?,i just got back in from work and checked answerphone and nowt!

waff

I thought that,but i got through to the copshop at Louth and they put me onto the coppers answerphone.
Its really doing my head in as i dont want any old bill crawling all over my collection thank you.Ive nothing bad to hide,but thats not the point.

best

waff

there's allways something that does not meet the rules..
are you sure everything is free of energetic materials?

Absolutely,i have had them all checked out.The only thing worried about was a grenade part i had but its turned out ok.
I may be over reacting here and the old bill are just fishing?.
I just wish they wouldnt keep me dangling and just ring me back!

cheers

waff

Hi Waff, Perhaps other ebay buyers have had issues with the seller and the Police are just seeing if you (and other people) have had the same problem so they can build a case against them?

It may have nothing to do with ordnance items, have you brought any C.D.s, D.V.D.s etc?

Quatermass

You are probably correct old chap.I cant recall any dealings as described but i once bought something off `militaria-bargainsUK` and im told he is a bit of a shyster.
It was just a cheapo badge and i knew it was bum?

cheers
waff

Hi Chaps,

just got the heads-up off the polizei.

The guy in question is `member.1970`
only got a couple of bad feedbacks,i wouldnt like to be in his shoes though!:laugh:
It appears the bad boy has been up to no good selling dodgy gear round the net(AndyD springs to mind!:laugh: sorry Andy,i couldn`t resist!!:p ).

I once bought a set of Luftwaffe aluminium coffee flight cups,they were legit except for some fool(prolly the seller)had stamped `1944` in the bottom of them and kinda ruined them imo as they would have just been fine with the original luft-birdy in them.
anyways,i managed to buy a better set and i sold on the `stamped` ones.
So,it looks like im not going to get a visit or anything else sinister.

relieved:)

waff

Just caught up with this one.

My fellow WWII reenactors on another forum have been following with great interest the dodgy dealings of the chap mentioned. To say he was selling stuff of dubious heritage is something of an understatement. Long before the police got involved we were monitoring his transactions with great glee. He was actually sold a 37 patt water bottle cradle off as an Indian soldiers hat! Someone even bought it.

I remember that one!!:xd:

I will see if i can find an old screenshot off the other site i frequent.
If i recall correctly,then it was displayed on a dummies head?
best

waff

Last edited: