What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.45 Cartrige Box

MG34NZ

Heres one that came out of a farm shed a good 25 years ago...bit damaged and not complete but I like it.
Added some suitable accessorys for last pic.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Enjoy
MG34NZ

Attachments

• andy 007.jpg
    andy 007.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 75
  • andy 008.jpg
    andy 008.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 65
  • andy 005.jpg
    andy 005.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Nice box,But what is the meaning of that 4 on the side of the box,
I,have seen that before ( m7) on a .303 box.

Nice box,But what is the meaning of that 4 on the side of the box,
I,have seen that before ( m7) on a .303 box.

I have no idea, its a little cast alluminum number, theres one at each end.
Possiably a means of rapid identerficaton whan boxes are stacked?

.45 Ammo Box

Does the box have any markings on the base like H29 or H34.Does it have any internal dividers or slots inside?
Cheers
Hangarman

Aluminium numbers

The No 4 on the end denotes .45 auto ammunition. This is to aid night time identification of the contents of the box.
9 is for 9mm ,
7 is for 7.92 BESA,
.303 armour piercing was W, tracer was G.
Cheers,
Hangarman

Nothing on the bottom, there were partitions of some sort in there at one time but as it was used as a storage box anything like that would have been smashed out long ago.
Cheers for the info on the Alloy numbers, I suspected that ready ID would be the reasoning.
I was about 13 when I found this box, thought it was very cool as it had "SUB MACHINE GUNS" on the side so thats what saved it from rotting away to nothing!

Regards
MG34NZ

The No 4 on the end denotes .45 auto ammunition. This is to aid night time identification of the contents of the box.
9 is for 9mm ,
7 is for 7.92 BESA,
.303 armour piercing was W, tracer was G.
Cheers,
Hangarman

Thanks , Hangarman