What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Part Collection - US Tank rounds

RichardB

Premium Member
Hi All,
For those interested, here's a pic of my small US collection.

From left to right

1, 37mm AP M74 Projectile, M16 Case
2, 37mm HE M63 Projectile, M16 Case (I believe this round should be yellow!!??)
3, 57mm AP M70 Projectile, M23 Case
4, 57mm APCBC M86 Projectile, M23 Case
5, 75mm APC M72 Projectile, M18 Case
6, 75mm HE M48 Projectile, M18 Case
7, 75mm APC-T/HE M61 Projectile, M18 Case
8, 76mm APC-T/HE M62 Projectile, M26 Case
9, 3in APC Projectile, 3inch MkII case
10, 3in APC-T/HE M62 Projectile, 3inch MkII case
11, 90mm APC M77 Projectile, M19 Case

American_Rounds_sml.jpg

My project for the spring is to repaint these rounds to reflect original markings (obviously the 4 (1,3,5?,6) with original paint wont be touched)

I hope this is of interest to some.

Rich

Bog off with your lovely rounds in perfect condition your'e making me jealous.
Nah great stuff more please

I think your right with the color of the 37mm HE i have seen a few yellow ones but have not seen any info backing this up. Anyone?
Nice collection.
Weasel.

according to American and French ammunition manuals, they should be olive drab. Those yellow ones, although US made, appear to have been from a European contract.
sh.jpg

don't know what happened here - no matter what image I try and load, I get this one! I'll bring the manuals with me Rich,Dave

Thanks Chaps,
Well Id not be repainting 1,3,5,6 as I believe they still have original paint, as for the others with new paint, I believe I could do a better job, and if theres no original paint left, do no harm either.?? (at least I assume thats the case??)

As for the 37mm M63, I must admit, Ive never seen anything other than Yellow paint,...which also seems to tie in with the yellow on the 75mm M48 HE round.

Hoping to pick up a war dated 90mm HE soon..!! fingers crossed.

Rich

Hi Warddw,
Do you have pictures you can post??....I notice youre in the US, I hoping you have an excellent US collection youre willing to show

Cheers
Rich