What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schermuly Training Grenade

GregN

IMG_8686_1.JPG
Hi all, this is my first post in this forum. I bought a sealed tin at the last gun show with the following lettering on it.
SCHERMULY TRAINING GRENADE
LOT NO. 2461 P.W. 7/84
PRODUCT CODE 4004
PAINS-WESSEX LTD, HIGH POST, SALISBURY

Guys, I couldn't help it, I've opened the tin and inside there is a green 'grenade" with a blue stripe. The fuze says P.W MTY 81.

This is not in any books I have. Without a NATO number I suspect a police item. Does anyone know about this grenade. I think it is a tear gas or flash/bang type but I'm only guessing.

I look forword to hearing from the forum.

G

Last edited:
Man, it was easier than I thought to post pics. here is another photo of the item in question.

G
IMG_8690_1.JPG

Hi Greg, Nice item ! I know that you are not in the UK, but I think we need to know that this is just an empty INERT body and does not contain the pyrotechnic charge. It is not a lethal grenade but a live one could cause serious injury if misused. Apart from that, I have taken a pic of some details for you, I cannot get the book on the scanner without damaging it. Hope it will be of some help to you, Tony.
MVC_388S.JPG

I knew I had one somewhere ! a couple of pics of the one in my collection, used and empty. This one has an olive drab lever, the one in the pic appears to be silver or gold anodised and your one is black ? the fuse on this one is dated 1985.
MVC_395S.JPG

Ha Some how i missed this thread.
Here is my one I was told it was a stun grenade.
But glad to know it's a training grenade.
Regards
Bart
stungren2.JPG

Hi guys, just coming back to this post after 6 months:tinysmile_angry2_t:. I lost my password, and work, family etc, well, you know got in the way. Anyway, I wanted to thank all those who helped me out with the id. Thanks!

G