What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hydrostatic Pistol

TimG

Premium Member
Anyone have a diagram of a depth charge Hydrostatic pistol (preferably British)(preferably WW2) they would be so kind as to share with me?

Thanks in advance

Tim. G.

can't help with a diagram but can let you have a photo of a Mark XX from about 1948 if that helps. Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the offer. I had already seen your photograph, but it is the diagram I'm after. I spent Sunday at Priddy's Hard and having seen a number of depth charges there it piqued my interest into the functioning of the pistol. I have a copy (CD) of "Mine Disposal Officers' Handbook 1945" but the quality of my copy leaves a great deal to be desired.

Regards

Tim.G.

well done Tim, the museum needs all the visitors it can get. It's quite impressive isn't it? dave

Tim
You'll get the diagrams you want in the US Navy publication of 1946 - OP1665 'British Explosvie Ordnance', which is downloadable from the net - unfortunately I've lost the website address but if 'Invest' is reading this I sent it to him a few weeks ago!!
Regards
eodda

Well done Lexpev :laugh:

What better way then to give directions to your great website :laugh:

Cheers,

Invest :)

Sure I'm not going to die ever, but if I do, I hope to die famous for my effort to document grenades, mines and boobytraps on my website ;)
Lex

Lexpev - Many thanks - just what I was after

EODDA - Many thanks

Dave - The museum is very good, but I feel that it has much, much more potential (there's a lot more exhibits stashed away). If they're lacking visitors I would suggest its because they're not advertising their site and the Navy isn't helping. I spent a day and a half in the "Historic Dockyard" doing the ships etc., and there wasn't one reference to it.

Thanks

Tim.G.