What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warning about website virus

DAZ REICH

I just thought I would warn you all about something that happened last week to me while I was looking at the official Kubinka tank museum website my antivirus intercepted two virus's trying to infect my computer from that site and luckly destroyed them its the first time my antivirus has had to do anything like that and made me jump a bit .
DAZ

Believe me Daz,there are ars*holes out there in cyberland that want to cause chaos.
I use AVG free download anti-virus and its very good.
I also back that up with Spybot search and destroy(again free).
Im going to do a full check now while i scoff my nice home made curry.........

back soon!

waff

Just a quick side note to go along with this thread..

We will never force you to download anything to view this website so if whilst browsing you are prompted to download anything - please cancel the download and alert either myself or spotter. (unless of course, its an intentional attachment on a post).

Additionally we will never send you emails from this site requesting your login details so if ever you receive an email that appears to be from us asking for you to supply what should be confidential information.. then again - delete it and alert either myself of spotter.

bolo

Additionally additionally.. I'd like to second Waff's recommendation of the AVG Free Antivirus software. I have found it to be an exceptional product and highly recommend it, It works well at its job protecting you from the nastys out there but is also not as invasive to your machine as some AV products out there can be, by this I mean that some of the other products out there tinker with your computer so much they cause more trouble than they are worth.

Use AVG myself ,recomend it...

dear AVG please can i have some free stuff for recomending your stuff

spotter wrote:
dear AVG please can i have some free stuff for recommending your stuff[/quote]

AVG wrote,

dear spotter,you can have a free virus?:p :laugh:

waff