What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car boot find

F

Fuzeman

Had a great morning , found these at a local car boot sale , the guy told me last week he some bomb bits , heres the bomb bits as bought this morning , its my lucky day 2 x (25) and a (55)
Steve

Attachments

• Car boot 006.jpg
    Car boot 006.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Car boot 007.jpg
    Car boot 007.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Car boot 008.jpg
    Car boot 008.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 43
  • Car boot 009.jpg
    Car boot 009.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Car boot 010.jpg
    Car boot 010.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 34
Good find steve they were worth buying even to sell on or trade !
they look in good condition to, thats worth going car-booting for :tinysmile_twink_t:

Hi Stuart
Well worth it i only paid 2.50 each , i also had some bakelite cases.

wtf 2.50 each, the bakalite cases sell for 10.00 each on there own ! the last 25 fuze i have seen was 35.00 in case, i would have snaped his hand off aswell, superb find steve well done :congrats:, lol :laugh: his loss i suppose atlest he was happy at 2.50 each !

Aye that certainly is bloody lucky!

I might as well add to this thread a lucky turn of events that happened today also for me.
I was talking to a guy who has an antiques shop up in the Lake District a while ago and mentioned the collectibles im into.I got a call to say the next time im up there ,he has some bits for me.
In the area again today and phoned him for a meet and this box is what he came up with!! :biggrin: Its about time i had some bloody luck!

Mind you,it cost me some of the nice 'Beswick' pourcelain cats that my great-aunt left me a few years ago.(bless her)
I dont think she would have minded as she used to work at the local 'fuze' factory years ago. :)

cheers

waff

I must add that all the items are completly FFE,spent primers,fuzes unscrew, etc,etc.

Attachments

• S7004561.jpg
    S7004561.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 76
  • S7004562.jpg
    S7004562.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 61
  • S7004563.jpg
    S7004563.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 58
  • S7004564.jpg
    S7004564.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 58
  • S7004565.jpg
    S7004565.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Aye that certainly is bloody lucky!

I might as well add to this thread a lucky turn of events that happened today also for me.
I was talking to a guy who has an antiques shop up in the Lake District a while ago and mentioned the collectibles im into.I got a call to say the next time im up there ,he has some bits for me.
In the area again today and phoned him for a meet and this box is what he came up with!! :biggrin: Its about time i had some bloody luck!

Mind you,it cost me some of the nice 'Beswick' pourcelain cats that my great-aunt left me a few years ago.(bless her)
I dont she would mind as she used to work at the local 'fuze' factory years ago. :)

cheers

waff

Good on yer old mate its nice to have a little result once in a while
Best phil

ps i might be having something from a gas works coming my way soon;)

Nice one Phil! :)

Steve,did the guy have anything else? The chap i dealt with today said there maybe more of where he got that lot from.
Happy days could well be here again!,its about time.

cheers

waff

Car boot sales in OZ

You lucky Buggers the only thing I've ever found in a car boot sale here in OZ is spare tyres and jumper leads and the tyres are always flat! Keep up the good work in posting pic's of your finds And the next time I visit England I won't be going to the tourist attractions I'll be hanging out at car boot sales and local fairs.
Regards 25thapril

Hi Paul
Im not sure i will be checking his stall from time to time , but who knows what will turn up

Hi Paul
Im not sure i will be checking his stall from time to time , but who knows what will turn up

Well they certainly are a nice find. Are they going in the collection or up for trades eventually? Im sure some of the new fuze collectors would like them? Deffo great trade currency.

best

waff

Fantastic finds

What nice items, I particularly like the Incendiary Bomb as that looks like it has just come out of the box :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

And the cannon ammo looks to be very good also-what a find !

It's not very often you see a haul like that these days.

Last edited: