What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How young is everyone

54 and obviously an intelligent, bronzed beach god of a bloke....modest too :tinysmile_fatgrin_t hang on my wife wants to point out that beached whale would be a more accurate description......

I'll be 60 in January. Will you be buying me a tot? My proverb is; "Woman who spends too much time on bedspring soon get off spring"
cheers,
navyman.

Darn Ron, I haven't seen you for a few years but never would have guessed. You certainly don't look that old!

As for me, I just turned 57 a couple months ago and have been collecting about 40 years. I usually don't feel or think "57" but sometimes my body reminds me otherwise.

Rick

Rick:

Good to hear you're up and kicking. Yes, it's been a long
time, but the lack of the great gun shows of the past is
to blame as I just don't go anymore. You still in the
Oregon area? I visit a son up there once in a while.

Best regards . . .

Ron B

29 here, getting to close to 30. Falcon did it right by the time he's our age he will have double the collection.

With one exception(70's) you guys seem to fall mostly
in the 30's to 50 year old range . . . I've been collecting arms and ordnance longer than that! This January I'll. hopefully, make it to 82, but feel a lot younger!
Ron B(USA)

We have a winner!!!!! Ron you are THE MAN, you know!!!! Im very happy with the massive answer to this re-started thread, PEOPLE YOU ARE THE BEST!!!! Also, awesome to read that some of you are a lifetime collectors, you must be astonished with the different range of prices now and then.

Last edited:
Hi ,
I thought i was a 'young' 44,
i'm sure some of you guys are counting in dog years (x7)!.

cheers Bob.

I turned 54 a few months back. Started collecting my Dad's empty 30-06 casings when I was about 5. Got my first artillery case, a 90mm tank gun steel case when I was about 13, from a scrap pile at the city dump, and gave a lecture on it when I was in the 8th grade.

57 here, I was eight when I found a rusty Nazi M35 helmet in a little valley outside Baumhoulder, Germany. Been in love with militaria ever since...

Does being bitten by Dracula in 1559 AD,when I was 49 count(pun intended) or is that cheating? getting night shifts at this age is a bitch:xd:

Okay Tony, Out with it, just how old are you my friend!!! Dano
Don't say dinosaur poop was still smoking in the snow banks!!!

Ok Dano I confess,
The big 50 this November......or is it the very big 500 this November,don't think dinosaurs were about then? I know there was a bit of a plague going on at the time,something to do with fleas from black rats I think?:tinysmile_fever_t:

12 black roses

Well Tony my friend, Welcome to the 50 club, but it is no big deal. May not be able to run with the big dogs anymore but my heart is still in it! My wife is 53 and beautiful (at least in my eyes). Also I find it just as hard to stay out of trouble at 50 than at say 21....Ha Ha...Dano

33 and some...first mine removed 17 years ago (yes, I was 16 at the time). eod 11 years now.

I'm only 27, started collecting since 17. Mainly German weapons from WW2 + accessories, then WW2 German ordnance, now KOEVOET items and SADF being in a SADF Living History Group... hope to complete my first APC import to the UK....