What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EIAZ 25 fuze

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Waffenamt picked up this fuze for me at malvern,Very nice price and in fair condition ,Again i havnt done a restoration more of a tidy up,,Top of fuze is clearly stamped EIAZ 25 B edr 41 1 9 b and a very small funny looking stamp with 57 in it.
The body and top have some slight pitting ,but its definatel not the worst i have seen,
i just gave the body a light sanding primed it and sprayed matt black,the top i cleaned using fine wire wool
I have not attempted to unscrew it as dont want to break the screws

before

DSC00276.jpg

Thank you,thats a real nice fuze!
It was a keeper until i got that text message!;)
Im glad its turned out well and is in good hands.I would say an absolute steal for the price including the transit cap.

best

waff

Im now considering stripping this fuze,as the screws appear externally to be in sound condition,whats the best way to go about this without destroying them and the fuze,or is it best left as it is....spotter

First,make sure there has been plenty of pen-oil soaked in there.
Then i would gently turn the screws both ways to loosen the crud,then more pen-oil!

mine took ages to eventually free up.:blink:

best

waff

hello NO i had a go today and they didnt move even a little bit so i am keeping it as it is ,I like it too much too ruin it

I have just bought an exact fuze as spotter, a 25 b and would consider unscrewing it, how did you get on spotter have you done it yet and what are the insides like. I did notice on another thread an xray done on a similar fuze and it shows the screws are farly long.

The screws are usually a couple of inches long or so.I def would follow my tip with the penetrating oil and then carefully working the screws either way before applying more pen-oil!
I will find a pic of my type 38 unscrewed.
best
waff

When i get it i will give it a go. It would be nice to see what is inside this fuze, I can't seem to find any cutaway drawings on this fuze model.
I am also looking for a gain casing that screws into the bottom. If i knew the dimensions and thread size i could knock up a couple, I believe they were made of steel. I could also add the code but i can't get hold of lower case letter punches.

PM me and i will send you one of my originals to copy.I would love a few of these to put in my fuzes.I cant afford a tenner a shot(last years Beltring prices)for originals.
Im still trying to find my type 38 minus top.

cheers

waff