What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beltring is a MUST DO

25thapril

I have noticed a few people commenting that they are unable to attend Beltring this year and I'm one of them I was lucky enough to visit it last year I was a Beltring virgin and only had a rough idea of what to expect [it's a bloody long way from Australia] Well all I can say is that it was one of the best experiences I have ever had And I had never seen so much ordnance for sale before So for all those who like me can't make it this year here are some pic's I took last year . Enjoy
Regards 25thapril

Attachments

• bocn 126.jpg
    bocn 126.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 130
  • bocn 128.jpg
    bocn 128.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 129
  • bocn 137.jpg
    bocn 137.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 125
  • bocn 133.jpg
    bocn 133.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 125
  • bocn 136.jpg
    bocn 136.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 127
Wow! Absolutely Amazing! I haven't seen that much ordnance for sale at any one show in Canada (or all of them combined).
The Beltring show is clearly a world-class event. For those of us who can't attend this year's event, I hope that those who do go to the show will share a few photos.
I'd very much appreciate it if someone can snap a few photos of the sales tables at this year's show and post them on BOCN.

Cheers,
Brad

Wow! Absolutely Amazing! I haven't seen that much ordnance for sale at any one show in Canada (or all of them combined).
The Beltring show is clearly a world-class event. For those of us who can't attend this year's event, I hope that those who do go to the show will share a few photos.
I'd very much appreciate it if someone can snap a few photos of the sales tables at this year's show and post them on BOCN.

Cheers,
Brad

Im instructed by my pal Mick that i must take some shots this year of the stall.
Will put them in here on my return for you Brad. :)

cheers

waff

Beltring

How could you not go if you live over there, seeing those pictures makes my mouth water, I visited Great War Militaria in Pennsylvania and went to the show of shows in Louisville Kentucky a few years back and saw nothing like this. There is also a local show over at Jefferson Barracks in St. Louis but the tables sure don't look any where near that fine..OOhh Dano

steady Dano!!
Think you need a cool shower! Lol
oooooooo imagine cuming across a cash of spent shells and grenades Dano!!
Sorry that sounded wrong ha ha
18ponder:tinysmile_shy_t:

Most of the Battle fields in the United States are from the American Civil War, the closest forign ordnance to come close to us was balloon bombs the Japanese sent over. Most ordnance you run into over here was used by the US for training Aids and drilling rounds.

shower

Okay 18pounder I had just finished my cold shower then read your post about cuming across grenades and ordnance, well i'll be gone for another 20 minutes as I need another cold shower. Dano

Micks stall

Waff correct me if I am wrong but I believe this was "Micks" stall in 2007.

Picture only shows the "Heavies" as that was my main interest in those days.
The other side of the tent had tables full of most impressive goodies too !

Attachments

• Mick satll.JPG
    Mick satll.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 80
Oh Lord, those pictures, just that stall would make a whole show for me!
Is there any way to contact the owner/seller?
I know. Go there. And I will whenever I can save enough cash so as not to blow it all at the first stall I come upon.

More pic's

Just a few more pic's to make a grown man cry at not being able to be there

Attachments

• bocn 127.jpg
    bocn 127.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 86
  • bocn 129.jpg
    bocn 129.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 78
  • bocn 130.jpg
    bocn 130.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 76
  • bocn 138.jpg
    bocn 138.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 75
  • bocn 139.jpg
    bocn 139.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 70
vomit-smiley-004.gif

What did I ever do to you?

Absloutely infriggincredible.

Last edited:
Waff correct me if I am wrong but I believe this was "Micks" stall in 2007.

Picture only shows the "Heavies" as that was my main interest in those days.
The other side of the tent had tables full of most impressive goodies too !

Hey Chris!

Yes indeed,that shot was from our stall 2 years ago when the whole site had a touch of 'The Somme' after that flood. :neutral:
That mud was everywhere and i actually lost one of my trainers in one of the deeper parts! lol

best

waff

Okay 18pounder I had just finished my cold shower then read your post about cuming across grenades and ordnance, well i'll be gone for another 20 minutes as I need another cold shower. Dano
ha ha ha:xd:

Hi Ben,
Yes,im absolutely certain it was ours as i recognize that sea of mud plus some of those rounds were heavy!! :xd:
There is a large round there with a lifting-eye attached and the damn thing nearly pulled my fingers from the sockets!
That will teach me to lift it off the van in that manner! :tinysmile_cry_t4:

best

waff :)

Last edited:
oke, now i see it, yes you are right, the other pictures are from a different place, sorry, see you in 10 days, i have your hot sauce. ben

oke, now i see it, yes you are right, the other pictures are from a different place, sorry, see you in 10 days, i have your hot sauce. ben

Thanks Ben!:tinysmile_shy_t:

Food just hasnt been the same without that yellow hot stuff! :xd:
Much appreciated.

cheers

waff

Fantastic pictures!!! Definately not something like you would see in the states. The PG-7 rockets really pushed me over the edge!

Hope some lucky folks who attend will post more pictures of the show and pick up a buisness card for me if any PG-7s are about!

Regards,
Alan :xd:

What you see is only a fraction of the stuff they sell, not just ordnance, radios, uniforms vehicle parts you name it they got it there. Every year something what you thought was rare a rocking horse legs turns up in their thousands.