What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S Mine Pics

tigbrand

Premium Member
A couple pics from 1947 Pamphlet on mines and mechanisms,sorry about the crap pics.T.

ammo_698.jpg

S.Mines found in Chouet Quarry Guernsey 1991 these were dumped after minefield clearance in the islands ,along with lots of Teller mines , the quarry was then filled with water , in1946? it was only after the Quarry was to be re opened that the quarry was pumped dry and these mines came to light .all were sea dumped
Choet_quarry_s_mines_001.jpg

An S mine found in guernsey in the late 90,s , found in shrub land along the cliffs, with 66,000 mines laid by the Germans its not surprising the odd one gets found!
To my knowlege nothing has been found in the last few years.
Choet_quarry_s_mines_002.jpg

I noticed in the earl er manual pic the S-Mines have the tin seals i am trying to find out about. Any have a S-Mine with tin seal. Theses ones look a different pattern others are strait these look to have a formed rib to the edge.

Here is a pic showing clearly the waterproof seal. Any one seen on or got one.
Smine_diagram.JPG

This seal looks different to the manual photo s-mine. Were these for early mines or for mid manufacture use or later.