What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

type 79 german ELAZ

waffenamt

Ok,its a little rough but im confident that i can restore this back to its former glory after spotters excellent restoration of that 25 last week.
S7002373.jpg

I reckon that the plungers will be in good condition beneath that transit cap when i eventually lift it after a soak in pen-oil.:dry:

last one of the underside.It looks shoddy full of crud but ive since dug a bit of it out and there is nice,shiny metal to be seen.
S7002376.jpg

I believe that this fuze was used as a `pyro` application?
i assume on a photo-flash/illuminating bomb?

cheers

waff

The Manufacturers code bmv = Rheinmetall Borsig A.G Werk Sommerda
Do not try to push the pins down as invariably the springs underneath are corroded ,
steve

Cheers Steve,I will be careful with it.

The makers mark on this one look like `hhr` or `bbr`.

cheers

waff

After a bit of pen-oil and a good old bit of graft,ive got the cap off.
Unfortunately,the plungers are already set in the down position so its now up to the pen-oil to do its stuff!
As you can see by that piece of kitchen roll,the bloody oil is all over the place!:laugh:

cheers

waff
1-4f0aa1e632d7713bcd8aa1c10a0b656f.JPG

Thats great news paul as they usually have broken springs underneath.
Steve

Good Luck
What are the details on that fuze paul EI.Zt(79) any other marks like A etc

Steve

Yes Steve,
i just noticed that they were the same letters you mention!B)
I will have to have a good look in daylight tomorrow to see if indeed there is an`A` on it.
im really pleased the day went well today!

best

waff