What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Hurt Locker

No Comments;

AF EOD tells it like it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the Hurt locker, Dont bother it shows EOD in a very bad light, i can understand why there is so much outrage , for allowing it to be BAFTA nominated, is beyond me.

I just saw it recently too, and actually quite enjoyed it. It's been a while since I've seen a decent war flick, didn't fancy Valkyrie as I can't quite imagine how a dwarf with a constant smirk will play a nazi officer. I enjoyed the hurt locker, although I can imagine anyone with the even smallest amount of EOD experience would be able to spot flaws and be frustrated how it differs from reality.

I feel the same when I see hi-tech films, featuring hackers etc, or in fact any tv program that show computers usually get me worked up, CSI for example. So I have to remind myself.. it's just entertainment.

Perhaps for extra realism, the should have shown the guy looking up the IED on the BOCN ID section before he was defusing ;-)

Hi Bolo
Its probably that being a subject close to my heart and chatting to those who had actually been there and done that, makes me feel this way, as you say for a war movie its not bad , the Guns of Naverone being far better, especially David Niven as the explosives expert , i dont think you would want BOCN involved in any way lol

Not so sure, Managed to 'find' this old photo from the film and you can clearly see them doing their proper research :tinysmile_hmm_t:

GunsBocn.jpg

Hi Bolo
Its probably that being a subject close to my heart and chatting to those who had actually been there and done that, makes me feel this way, as you say for a war movie its not bad , the Guns of Naverone being far better, especially David Niven as the explosives expert , i dont think you would want BOCN involved in any way lol

not realistic,,course its not.. its a movie not a documentary,
just watch it as a film and you will enjoy it

Hi Alan
As a second rate film then yes, Probably the only film to sell more DVD,s than cinema seats, im not surprised look on ebay as count the number of VIEWED ONCE ONlY that shows it for what it is, i gave my copy away earlier this evening i wouldnt give it house room.if i were an American EOD man i would feel strongly too. I will stick in future to advising on EOD docs only . would like to meet Kathryn Bigelow she,s tasty lol

like collecting its all down to personel choice ,,stick to what you want i only said its a movie not a documentary