What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aerial Fuze ?

Investment

Hi,
Would anyone know what type of fuze this is. :dry:
It's stamped MT - B35 - L10 11/937 (could be 11/1937).
Sorry, I can't provide any measurements, as I don't own the fuze.
Any help would be appreciated with identification.
Many thanks,
Invest :)

Pic 1

Pic_1.jpg

Hi Invest,

It looks like a No 210 time fuze.

Cheers Mad B)

This the only drawing i have.

No_210.jpg

sorry to disappoint you all...
this fuse is a Mechanischer Zeit-Doppelznder number 37 (DZ 37) made by (MT) Munitionsfabriken Thun Switserland. It is a typical Tavaro design, in the photo the ballistic nosepiece is missing. Measurements Length: 150mm, Diameter 58mm)

Source: page 87, Peter Jaeggi's book 'Die Znder der Schweizer Armee 1848-200'

Last edited:
Is the 230 a copy of the swiss fuze ,And thank you dillo ,,when you take a closer look at invests picture you can see it looks different to the pics of the 230 i posted,,apologies for the BAD info invest

and my fat fingers mis typed here should have said 210 not 230 sorry dillo

Last edited:
@Spotter: a typical Tavaro feature is the 'ladder' indicating the delay time setting on the fuze body.. In my archive the No.230 UK fuse doesn't show this feature so i can't tell if the No.230 is based on a Tavaro design. The No.210 could be a Tavaro design but is not described in the Jeaggi Book. In the weapons industry it is most common to steal or borrow each other designs..

Madbomber probably has some more info on this, the Dutch Army used several Tavaro designed fuzes on the '7 Veld' artillery rounds (the numbers 4 and 5 when i am not mistaken).

PS: the drawing showing the No.210 is most interesting. The stencilled T indicates that the Time Delay is functioning, the second option (Impact) is disabled. In case of a stencilled * (star), the fuze will only act on Impact and the mechanical delay is deactivated.

Last edited:
Hi Spotter,
No apology needed mate, as you were just trying to help me out with identification. :tinysmile_shy_t:
Many thanks Ammodillo for the new information. :tinysmile_shy_t:
Cheers,
Invest

Last edited:
Hallo,
setze noch einen drauf: Habe den gleichen Zuender auf einer italienischen 75mm Sprenggranate fuer die Flak.
Dieser Zuender ist folgendermassen gestempelt: Ital. Herstellerzeichen - MT - B35 - L7 5/940.
Wobei die Italiener bei der Jahresbezeichnung eigentlich meistens die "1" weglassen, also hier 1940 (koennte dann ja auch bei 937 = 1937 heissen). Es muesste ausserdem ein kleines Symbol (Hersteller) vor der "B35" Bezeichnung eingeschlagen sein.
Wenn ja, sind diese Zuender in Italien unter Lizenz nachgebaut worden.
Erhard Koch, Mrfuze

Sorry, I forgot to answer in english:
I have an almost identical fuze attached to an Italian 75mm HE-projectile for AA-gun. The fuze shows a manufacturer symbol in front of the MT-B35-L7. On Italian dates on ammunition there is also the "1" omitted, so the "937" means "1937".
If so - these fuzes were produced under licence?! in Italy.
Erhard Koch, Mrfuze

Hi
To complete the study
I found this diagram French, Belgian ? rather Swiss
szz72o.jpg

And this one which seems to be the copy of No. 210 (Spanish)
2vmg9cg.jpg

Au revoir
Jean Paul

Hello,
let me give my mustard to this,
I have the same fuze with almost identical markings on a 75mm Italian HE-projectile. It is of course a Tavaro design but probably delivered to Italy or made in Italy under contract (what I doubt).
Denmark had an almost identical fuze with the M37 nomenclature in their inventory too.
Mrfuze, USA

Fuze ID

Howdy Invest,

I also have an identical fuze, the stamps indicate to me Italian origin.

Regards Ozzi.

Hi,
nice to see this topic, definitively a time mechanical fuze model 1935 for italian 75/46 mod 34 anti aircraft gun
will be great to see markings.
here the complete round with the fuze.

best regards

Attachments

• cartoccio granata 75-46 copia.jpg
    cartoccio granata 75-46 copia.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 38