What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What else do you collect

Collecting Yugoslav items is one part of My collecting habit
100_0051.jpg

Yeap, M70, my tipfeller!
those m56 smg and m57 grenade launcher look very nice.

Arms and armor and books and modern weapons and .... stuff;)

Attachments

• march 1-2.jpg
    march 1-2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 90
Yeap, M70, my tipfeller!
those m56 smg and m57 grenade launcher look very nice.
thanks..I also have a M49 SMG plus afew other Slav guns,when I did my first tour in Bosnia back in 94, I got afew items like uniform parts and such. but no weapons stuff...I wanted too...but I'm sure the MP's would have frowned on that HAHA

Last edited:
where were you posted in bosnia?
i must say that m84 machinegun, or m76 semi-auto sniper rifle would look nice in your collection :D

Just wondering what else members collect,,I have a very small collection of Royal Artillery cap badges ,Have a few different types most are repro but as most of you know that doesnt really bother me,,ill try dig them out tomorro and post some pics[/quote

I also collect German WWII Schutzenschnur(marksman
lanyards) in addition to rifles and flare pistols and their
respective ordnance. See attached photo . . . .

Attachments

• Schutz Collection.jpg
    Schutz Collection.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 39
Massive Collection

Hi Dexter,
That is the most impressive collection i have seen in a very long time,
I commend you on it. Very well displayed, and i spotted my old Regt badge in there. Well done Sir.
Dave.

Lovely pieces of armour Birdseye. Are they all original?
heres a few pics of my 15th Century Milanese Harness's that i regularly wear and fight in.:fight:
Both Repros Im afraid.
Cheers, Paul.

Arms and armor and books and modern weapons and .... stuff;)

Attachments

• new armour.jpg
    new armour.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 36
  • old armour.jpg
    old armour.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 33
  • sir paul.jpg
    sir paul.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 29
I just picked this up ~

Edwardian "Street Person"

Orange Seller , by William Joseph Carroll , English. Needs some restoration, this is the before image as it is now, 19 1/2" x 29 1/2".
difficult to take a picture with out glare.

Attachments

• IMG_7252.jpg
    IMG_7252.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 10
Lovely pieces of armour Birdseye. Are they all original?
heres a few pics of my 15th Century Milanese Harness's that i regularly wear and fight in.:fight:
Both Repros Im afraid.
Cheers, Paul.

Yes, my stuff is original. The attached shoes a Gothic backplate, gauntlets and shoulder defences. The stuff on the right is that odd globose armor that one can see in the Rhodes material. Actually that is one of my favorite pieces.

That is a lovely repro. To tell you the truth, when an excellent modern armorer uses an old backplate to make a piece one is really up the creek if an unscrupulous bastard wants to age it, or even throw on the odd Nuremberg mark. I have not added much ito my collection and probably won;t unless I can be almost 100% sure of the provenance.

The barrel is a dopplehacken dated 1507.

Attachments

• IMG_3328.jpg
    IMG_3328.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Edwardian "Street Person"

Orange Seller , by William Joseph Carroll , English. Needs some restoration, this is the before image as it is now, 19 1/2" x 29 1/2".
difficult to take a picture with out glare.

That is lovely. Where did you happen upon it?

I found the picture below years ago. It's story appealed to me as much as the picture.

It seems that a Jewish dentist hightailed it out of Austria just ahead of the bad times. It intrigued me that, while literally running for his life, he thought enough of this portrait to take it.

I love the 1000 yard stare. I too need better photos.

Attachments

• IMG_5304.jpg
    IMG_5304.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 15