What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flying Cow

peteblight

Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Here's a bit of an unusual one, a flying cow, recovered recently in the UK.
Designed as an air dropped spray tank containing mustard!400lb flying cow.jpg

peter are these a longer version of the 9.45in trench mortar that have been adapted to airdrop ??

image11311.jpg

image080.jpg

image081.jpg

No, it was known as a SCI (Smoke Curtain Installation), but used as a chemical weapon instead. I've attached some info if you're interested.

I have some pics of all 4 mks of 9.45" mortar which i'll post when i find them.

names

Flying cows, flying pigs, blue pigeons, oil cans, drainpipes, whiz bangs, rubber bands and toffee apples. Hey i'm hungry!! Dano

Thanks peterfor explaining ,,it was the name and general shape of the relic that threw me..yes please to the extra info on the 9.45 ,we are recovering lots of these so any info is welcome

If you like "in situ" you may enjoy this. Treasure this photo, its pretty rare to see Peteblight away from his desk!!

Attachments

• DSC_1061.jpg
    DSC_1061.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 77
Rare it may be, but as this photo shows only too clearly, i'm not actually doing anything!!!:xd: