What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is this were a torpedo goes?

phantomf4

Hi i'm new here and was wondering if torpedoes fall under "other"? I have a US mark46 mod 0 anti sub torpedo, i'm thinking it's unusual to find such a thing, i've never seen another for sale so anyway does anybody here know how to take one apart? i want to take the motor out and lighten it up so i can make a coffee table out of it, and restore the outside. thanks i'll post a picture tommorrow.

oh my gosh it's cool, and heavy. it's about 500 pounds, imagine the looks i got hauling that home. ha don't worry i'll have pictures for sure.

ok i got some pictures for you fellows, i have it sitting on a pickup truck frame for now, it's missing 2 fins. this was the type dropped by helicopters etc. i also have the drag chute and canister, this is dated 1967. The blue tag is a inert ordnance certification, they also stamped the number on the body. thanks:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 62
COOOOOL!!!!!!!!
Thanks for showing it, is that one of many?
Dave.

COOOOOL!!!!!!!!
Thanks for showing it, is that one of many?
Dave.
one of many? it's the only one iv'e got , there maybe other's out there but i've never seen one for sale. there was a place here in the states that sold ww2 aerial torpedo's but that's been 20 years plus. i really don't know if there around if someone here knows somebody let me know.