What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beltring last day bomb weird fuse

satan18

Just when you think you have seen everything and you have had enough of eating dust it was decided to go and compare notes with waff over a jar.
Within minutes of our meeting Bazooka chris wanders over and tells us about a bomb he has seen with a fuse similar to the ones that we post.

so without further adue we walk over to this strange looking womens stall
and low and behold there is this complete SC50 tucked down the side of her stall.

Both me and waff were a bit stumped about the lengh of the tail fins on the bomb but more so with the fuse as it looked like someone had cut the
side out of it.

It was decided to relieve said women of the bomb and i now have an SC 50 to restore and Waff had the Fuse.

Attachments

• Beltring goodies 010.jpg
    Beltring goodies 010.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Beltring goodies 057.jpg
    Beltring goodies 057.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Beltring goodies 056.jpg
    Beltring goodies 056.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Beltring goodies 055.jpg
    Beltring goodies 055.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Beltring goodies 054.jpg
    Beltring goodies 054.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Indeedy old chap,this is a strange combination?
Methinks im buying Chris that Bazooka ive seen for sale in Micks collection,consider it yours my man. :)
Top deal Phil with the bomb and fuze. No way i could restore that case but i thought i would like the fuze instead.Always good to deal in these unpleasant financial times.
What is this strange fuze in that pocket? It looks like an ELAZ as it has the lug at the side but has some strange dates/numbers which im sure matched the bomb case?
Phil,that 25D shown in pic one that i gave you can be pulled to bits if you want? Just make sure the head comes to me for the 'decapitated fuze board' im making please :).

cheers

waff

Last edited:
Here are a couple of shots. They will have to do until tomorrow when i can get better ones.

best

W

Attachments

• S7004639.jpg
    S7004639.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 55
  • S7004640.jpg
    S7004640.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Certainly is a funny looking fuse,is it a german made one

Im thinking more of a 'contract out' to another country as there are some weird stampings on but no waff inspector stamps?
It deffo looks german with the general appearence?
Also,would a special adaptor have to be used on the aircraft charging link ups as the german ones have 2 pins for the bomb fuzehead.

best

waff

Hello,
can't tell you were its made, but for sure its with Hungarian acceptance markings and used by them.

Cheers boys for the ID on it. What the criac with that weird tailfin on Phils case though?
We were told its an SD50 by a good pal of ours. I dont doubt at all the info supplied but i cannot seem to find it in the Pawlas manual for a pic of a straight one not bashed about for referance? If anyone can supply Phil a pic for his restoration then im sure he would appreciate it. :)

cheers

waff

Last edited:
Very interesting fuze, i have seen this combination several times when i have been visiting EOD guys in Austria, rare fuze, next year i have to do better, i did not see this item on the show, but i heard of it but i could not find it, good joB AA+++.

Thanks Ben:tinysmile_shy_t:,i believe the set came in as sold a few weeks ago from the militaria dealer but the bloke brought it back as wasnt happy with the condition?
I nearly fainted when Bazooka Chris came running over to fetch me to look at it.:five:

best

waff