Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Fuzeman
    Hi Paul
    This is the one i was offered at Beltring many years ago , in the end Dave Sampson bought it , it was in too poorer a condition for my collection, there is only scant records of this fuze, my great interest in this fuze is that i have a clock winding key clearly marked(56) but is graduated for the (17) clock 0 to 72 hours nobody has found out about this fuze .its an open file for me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fuzeman; 11th August 2009 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks
    Ahh,look how similar it is to that 157/3. You should have bought it in all honesty i think for its rareity?. Sometimes condition does not bother me as its the 'what it is' factor that decides it for me.
    cheers for the pics.

W

Fuzeman
    Hi Paul Your 157/3 is in good condition compared to the (56) the other side of the fuze had a large dent and holed, through corrosion . I have my standards that i wont drop , my Maxim is There,s going to be another offered soon. i would have paid a lot more than the £30 for that fuze

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Images
    Thanks
    So to make it al a little easyer there is also a 90 fuze for the GG mine
    And it looks like Mr Fuze has the fuzes in his collection a 56 and 90 and made data sheets of them.
    The 56 fuze you find in OP 1673A and the Frence EOD books the 90 fuze only in the Frence book.
    Maby the fuzes where not found in the UK but they are found by the looks in France.
    Regards Madbomber

All Items of Live Ordnance posted by me have been disposed of by EOD.

Thanks
    Nice one MB!
    Sooo,that one i have is an early version of these two?

W

Fuzeman
    Hi Jack
    I have a page from the French EOD manual that also lists the (90) fuze , as having been used , but again no records of the allies having found any, which could account for it unlike the (57) which was recovered from a bomb dump but never used operationally over here , that fuze is listed

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Images
    Thanks
    Are the Frence no allies
    Regards Madbomber

Fuzeman
    Hi Jack
    Yes they are but i cannnot account for any other reason why either Britain or America do not have listed either of those fuzes, i hope to publish the list at a later date on all the known fuzes dated 1945 by which at that time all examples known to the Americans would have been catalouged and given to the allies.this also included Japanese bombs and fuzes .
    Last edited by Fuzeman; 11th August 2009 at 07:01 PM.

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Images
    Thanks
    The 90 fuze is from AA 1940 so maby they didn't us it on the UK but only in the early days of the war like the invasion of France and Belgium and The Netherlands.
    And thats why they only where found in France after the war.

The 56 fuze is listed in the OP 1673A From the US and thats from 1946.

Not al of the German ammo whas used on the UK and some times ammo whas not used any more because it whas obsolete and repleased by a beter one.
    Regards Madbomber

Fuzeman
    Hi Jack
    Thats very true , the brass no (5) although obsolete before the war was found in a bomb as late as 1943 not sure which country it was though , that came from an inteligence bulletine

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast