What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW2 German secret armament codes

After a quick check you find most of these in the book. Some there is marked unknown. Adna is not a code but dna is and you find it.

Well, is not exactly Adna. I will post a pic later. The pic, the item on the pic, will be very interesting for many of us. I need to know if ALL the codes of my list are on the book.

flf, fcc, ftd, bdb, gzo, cap, dbk, eyu, aqj, bdp, aug, dna, gzx, fnw, eeh, ckh, gkn, bpo, gwd, lqa, awj are all in my list.

The companies that have used sek and uas are still unknown to me.

Michael

@Andrew: Thanks again for the kind words. :)

Wow, seems we have the definitive Code Book, good, good, and this one: kwv
When I have time I will post pics of Adna, sek and uas items for you.

kwv is "Pertrix"-Werke GmbH in Straburg (France). The code was found on a Ei-Handgranate 39.

The uas was also found on the body of a Ei-Handgranate 39 from date 1945. But unfortunately I do not know the company ...

With best wishes
Michael

Very well Michael, in your book you explain where is common to find each code? This photos for you:

Attachments

• Code 1.jpg
    Code 1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Code 2.jpg
    Code 2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Code 3.jpg
    Code 3.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Code 4.jpg
    Code 4.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 21
  • Code 5.jpg
    Code 5.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 20
re ..... sek

I always thought that stood for Second, as in delay of the fuze, rather than a code stamp.........though of course I may be totally wrong, but others I have seen with 5 1/2 sek also??

regards Kev

No, you are not wrong, but handles with time marked were the WWI handles. In WWII were the fuzes who had the time marked on. I have this M24 in my collection for long time ago, the stencils on the can are also totally different than the standard ones, but it is a totally original grenade. A Russian digger and friend of mine told me in the past when I showed it to him that he had found some like mine in Leningrad.

Attachments

• BZ24 1940s 1.jpg
    BZ24 1940s 1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 21
In WW1 sticks you see the delay time stamped on wood but no longer in WW2 grenades. To me this looks year 44 and code sek. On some of my T-mine fuzes there also is only number 4 for year before maker's code.

The other looks to me A dna where dna is a code but meaning of A I don't know.

Ok, I see now.
Thanks for the insight, I must admit I looked at the markings, overlooking the fact it was a WW2 stick!!

thanks guys
regards Kev

In WW1 sticks you see the delay time stamped on wood but no longer in WW2 grenades. To me this looks year 44 and code sek. On some of my T-mine fuzes there also is only number 4 for year before maker's code.

The other looks to me A dna where dna is a code but meaning of A I don't know.

The can is 1940 stenciled, anyway you said a very interesting thing/question: Germans marked 4 for 1940 or for 1944?
About the dna dont you think that the letters are a little bit strange for German markings?

Does the can also have code sek ? If not, could they at some stage been changed? What I have understand from other items with only number for year it's always the last number. Just remember that I also have some artillery fuse with year 5.
Yes I agree that in dna the font used is a bit decorative but anyway small letters as they should be.

No makers code on top, yes, very rare. About the 1940/44 affair I can find both variations on my 3,7cm Flak cases and primers, but Im with you on the last number theory. Cases on last two pics not in my collection, but from my archives.

Attachments

• IMG_3609.jpg
    IMG_3609.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3610.jpg
    IMG_3610.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3611.jpg
    IMG_3611.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 2313460_2_4a3a0d13b2e46.jpg
    2313460_2_4a3a0d13b2e46.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 40902c.jpg
    40902c.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 21
"dna" is for the maker: Mettmanner Britanniawarenfabrik W. Seibel, Mettmann / Rheinland (later 'W. Seibel, Metallwarenfabriken')

What does mean the letter "A" before the maker code ?

Hello,

I just want to let you know that my publisher has now printed the 4th revised edition of my book.
It was sold out since three years, but today I got the big package from the printshop.

I have got some inquiries during the past years, so maybe this information is of interest for you.

These codes were used to cover the manufacturers names on weapons, ammunition and every other kind of military equipment like parts of airplanes, vehicles, ships or radio equipment from 1920 until 1945.

The book contains more than 500 pages with about 11.000 codes, is sorted in two ways (after codes and after company-names), contains ALL code systems (abbreviations, number-codes, letter-codes, LDO-numbers for medals & insignias and the RZM-numbers for NSDAP- & SS-equipment). The official list with letter codes ends with "ozz", but I was able to add three pages of later codes. The book covers the background and the development of the code systems. I have found many original documents in archives to reproduce the way of the development step by step.

It is written bilingual in German and English language!

The prices incl. shipping (registered mail) are:

Europe: € 38,00

World: $US 46.00

Payment is accepted by Paypal, bank-transfer or cash (EUR and USD). No cheques!

The book can be ordered directly from me: GGBuch@web.de

Also I can sign the book

With best wishes from Germany

Michael

Codebook_1.jpg

Last edited: