What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T.mi-35 training colour ?

Panzerknacker

This is a t.mi - 35 training mine that recently sold on the web, i was just interested in the colour as it still has some of the training red that most training items had painted on in one way or another, i was wondering if this colour was just on top part maybe the entire mine was red or is it just a ring in red ? any pictures of a nice example out there ? thanks

Attachments

• 1477_12.jpg
    1477_12.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 73
  • po0.jpg
    po0.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 58
  • -0i=-.jpg
    -0i=-.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 67
Here a picture of my own b.T.Mi.35. It's field grey with 20mm wide red ring and red text on top.

Attachments

• b.T.Mi.35.jpg
    b.T.Mi.35.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 50
Here a picture of my own b.T.Mi.35. It's field grey with 20mm wide red ring and red text on top.

recently got these pics of practice charges for the T.Mi.35 (b).

T.Mi.35 bungsladung-1.jpg (bottom) T.Mi.35 bungsladung-2.jpg (top)

both versions, the earlier wooden and the later bakelite one, were designed for disposable use only.
the five excavations contained the smoke-charges, a mixture of black powder and tar, covered with waxed paper.
the quadruple-group was ignited either with the main fuze (T.Mi.Z.35 without det-cap) in the centre or/and a ZZ 35/42 in the side fuze well, the single fifth one separate only with a pull fuze in the bottom fuze well.

the proper handling of the whole practice mine and these rarer inlays is well described in the H.Dv.220/4b (1.10.1939; pages 9-21); available in the manual-collection of our fellow member www.lexpev.nl .