What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luftmine

blu97

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Ordnance approved
Came across this nice picture on the internet and would like to share it.
Perhaps one of our Brittisch members can have a look at that site if it still is there.
An unexploded parachute mine sits in a garden on Score Lane Childwall, 28 November 1940.

Attachments

• An_unexploded_parachute_mine_sits_in_a_garden_on_Score_Lane_Childwall_28_November_1940.jpg
    An_unexploded_parachute_mine_sits_in_a_garden_on_Score_Lane_Childwall_28_November_1940.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 132
The mine was taken away years ago it was ruining the gardening
Probably by the Royal engineers after the Navy had defuzed it
whats the site details please

p04ch1pg073.jpgp04ch1pg074.jpgp04ch1pg075.jpgLMB mine (British denomination GB and GC) 2175lbs including 1536lbs explosive (hexanite), length 8 ft 8 in (2.64 m).lmbmod.jpgdonauverminung_vorbereitungen_kg4_5.jpg183.jpgdonauverminung_fehlwurf.jpgLMB III DSCF8547.JPGScannen0001 - kopie (6).jpgdonauverminung_vorbereitungen_kg4_4.jpgEine entschärfte deutsche 1000kg Luftmine in Glasgow am 18. März 1941.jpegGC ( LMB) mine 1942 Germany 3.jpgfig 2.jpg

Last edited:
Some great pictures and information Dreamk!

I'd love to own the Green silk Parachute from one of these beasts... All twenty seven feet of it :cool: