What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tank Museum tour of ammunition archive

Rrickoshae

Premium Member
just a taster of the hundreds of rounds that are held in the archive (in racks and shelves rather than in display cases). Don't forget there are only a few places left at 45 each which includes a tour of the museum itself which will give you more info on the items displayed than you would get on a normal visit, tour of the workshops to see restoration work in progress and of interest to this group, a conducted tour of the support collections which includes the ammunition archive. The date is the 22nd October and you need to phone 01929 462359. Enjoy!

Attachments

• fig2.jpg
    fig2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 83
  • 20pdrexp+he.jpg
    20pdrexp+he.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 91
  • apdshd.jpg
    apdshd.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 73
for some reason Dave, this system won't allow me to upload photos of He & smoke rounds, you'll have to see them when you visit. I thought you would appreciate the experimental 20pdrs though! Dave

for some reason Dave, this system won't allow me to upload photos of He & smoke rounds, you'll have to see them when you visit. I thought you would appreciate the experimental 20pdrs though! Dave

should be able to upload images of anything here dave,

yes, its really odd, taken at the same time as the others with same camera but they won't upload - guess you'll all have to make your way down to Dorset in October to see them!! dave

Hi Dave,

I think your photo is to Width or Heigh then they will not upload had that problem sometime ago so i clip them down a little.

Hi Dave,

I think your photo is to Width or Heigh then they will not upload had that problem sometime ago so i clip them down a little.

I use a freebie programme called 'Pixresizer'
I then reduce my pics to about 576 on the scale and its happy days! :)

Waff

HE/smoke

lets try this then! The yellow is actually mid buff but the artificial lighting in the archive makes everything look yellow. The Mk 2 HE 17pdr is post war, hence the calibre marking.

thanks boys, just to prove you can teach old dogs new tricks after all, woof woof

Attachments

• 2007_09090030.jpg
    2007_09090030.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 46
  • fig6.jpg
    fig6.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 57
  • heclose.jpg
    heclose.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 45
lets try this then! The yellow is actually mid buff but the artificial lighting in the archive makes everything look yellow. The Mk 2 HE 17pdr is post war, hence the calibre marking.

thanks boys, just to prove you can teach old dogs new tricks after all, woof woof

Drooooooooooollllllllllll................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick update on the October tour - its fully booked and has been for a little while I'm told. The next dates are November 12th and December 10th. Apparently, the tour of the stores lasts about 30 to 40 minutes and includes all the areas including uniforms & equipment etc. spread over 3 rooms - not a lot of time to drool over munitions I'm afraid. Best to consider whether the cost is worth it. Dave