What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elaz25C ID Please

Phil,
Please get in touch with the seller of the fuze and i betcha it came from a prooving ground?

Waff

Wont be to much trouble bud as i know him very well now:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Ah!!,i know who now! lol!
Yes,ive also spent a small fortune with the bloke. ;)

Really mate,i have a good feeling about that 25.
Sorry Steve,we will have to agree to disagree on this one. :tinysmile_cry_t2:

best
Waff

Just cleared out the garage ready for the next lot due in this weekend

No all genuine equipment including my 50 kg SD hopefully maybe a few other bits too will have to wait and see, its going to be long day

Last edited by a moderator:
No all genuine equipment including my 50 kg SD hopefully maybe a few other bits too will have to wait and see, itrs going to be long day

Very nice im sure. maybe that SD50 has an experimental 25C ??
Come on buddy,lets keep this one clean! :p

best

Waff

Last edited:
I bet when Phil contacts the guy about that (25)C he says Yes it came from Reichlin prooving ground or some such place ! you see Paul having been involved with fuze collecting , you hear all sorts of stories , to get you to buy , the times ive heard of Incendiaries being droped on various famous places , without foundation of course , because the dealer is trying to flog it , i wonder if Herbert Rhulleman personally drilled those holes .

No i shall take it on face value as i wasnt told anywhere in particular where
it came from when i brought it.
strole on mate im not that green:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Well i know the seller very well and have had loads of items from the man.No reason at all why he would BS us.
Im currently in touch with some good german pals around the world at the moment and am starting to recieve some interesting emails...
Here is one,although granted fuzes are not his strong point,i think my friend makes an interesting point with the letters and meaning as requested by me..
I asked about the identification and useage of this particular 25C...It deffo sounds like a back up to my multiple use theory..( see post #2)

Hi Paul,

I have no idea :sad: But I agree with you: these holes and stampings look factory made. Another wild guess: H = hart (hard), W = weich (smooth)

All the best

Last edited:
Hmmm,
The plot thickens! A good pal on another site reckons the 'S' could stand for Safe?
Note both 'S' are underneath the holes.

Another idea im thinking is this could have been adapted for a booby trap?. Ive heard and seen pics that the germans used bombs like the 50 kilos and bigger to booby trap abandoned airfields and the like.
Im sure both MB and al,saad have posted write ups and pics somewhere in the forums?
Im not letting go until this mystery solved!

best

Waff

Last edited:
Hi Phil,

I have nothing on the fuze nothing at al.
It can be from Rechlin, BD test or something else i don't know.

Hi Phil,

I have nothing on the fuze nothing at al.
It can be from Rechlin, BD test or something else i don't know.
Thanks MB
I have decided to go a little deeper and take the fuse apart.

First question to the forum,how many trembelers should there be on the top of the fuse head?and on the side in total.

I have removed the three screws but because of the damage to the side
i am having to coax the top of extremely gently.

Best phil.

From the drawing 4

Thanks MB
I can see one damaged one so far on the side where it has been hit.

Its looking a bit crumblie and hope it is confined to where there is damage,

will try and uncover the bottom tommorow after a good soaking.

Best phil

Hello Phil! I found that in my photo documents! As much I white concerns it an experimental fuze!!! Property unfortunately otherwise no information. Greeting Harry

Attachments

• IMG_7030.JPG
    IMG_7030.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 21
Thank you very much Harry for the picture.:top:
It seems that this particular 25 variant has caused quite a stir!:xd:

best

waff