What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Case length"not"deciding factor.

christhurston

Premium Member
Hello All,In a previous post I suggested that case length was going to be the deciding factor in the back row of my,hopefully,one day,large collection.I soon discovered,of course,that I was wrong,and to have a visually pleasing display,overall length had to be considered.The centrepiece started off as a Hotchkiss 3pdr,that was until I tried a L70
Bofors alongside it!!! The centrepiece is now a US 57mm,with a pair of L70
Bofors either side,then pairs of 3pdr Hotchkiss,L60 HE,L60 APT and 2pdr A/T.I'm hoping to shortly insert amongst these,1950s L60 APCBC (need
another case)and any other similar rounds,that I think I can get two of.
I'm also starting to get together a variety of rounds that will gradually go
down from 2pdr A/T to 30mm Rarden,lots of choices,but do need two.

Sounds great. Why don't you really go for it and have something big in the middle? So......is your swaps collection on the left and the one you want to keep on the right??
Dave.

Well,Dave,the aforementioned selection are on a mantlepiece,it is part of a substantially built brick feature fireplace that's 9 feet long,but nonetheless
I have to bear in mind the eventual weight involved.I did have a rather embarrassing interlude with a very large fish tank some years ago,and I don't want a repeat performance.I didn't really want to go as high as 57mm,but it's taller than L70 Bofors,and just had to be included.I'm not
planning on swapping items from either side,perhaps I ought to arrange
some sort of Viking burial,and have them all planted with me!!! I do have a
4.5" Naval projectile on the hearth,so there is scope for a larger calibre
collection at a lower level,if I make that the centrepiece.Has anyone got a case???
Chris.