What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

could you I.D. this gren please

2483shaun

I recently uncovered this grenade it seems to be a french F1 body with a british No16 fuze and base plug . ive looked everywhere and cant find any info on this model . can anyone help in identifying this grenade .

with thanks shaun

Attachments

• Obraz001.jpg
    Obraz001.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Obraz002.jpg
    Obraz002.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Obraz003.jpg
    Obraz003.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Obraz004.jpg
    Obraz004.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 58
  • Obraz005.jpg
    Obraz005.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 46
France F1 ???

It looks for me as en France F1 grenade WW1 too !!The F1 grenade has been in use since 1915. Up to 1935, the grenade was fitted with a lot of different fuzes.

Fuse could be an Billiand Fuse a am not sure about the english No 16 fuse !!! Sorry i have no pic of the Billant fuse the pic is only to show the grenade body !!

best regards David

Attachments

• mle1915f1[1].jpg
    mle1915f1[1].jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 13
French F1/British No16

I recently uncovered this grenade it seems to be a french F1 body with a british No16 fuze and base plug . ive looked everywhere and cant find any info on this model . can anyone help in identifying this grenade .

with thanks shaun

Shaun,

It looks crap but treasure it. This is a French F1 body (WW1) with, as you say, British No 16 grenade internal furniture. They are very uncommon but there are sufficient around to conclude that they were part of a deliberate contract possibly as part of our 'extemporised grenade' manufacturing programme (Grenade Nos 6 thro 16). I'd be interested to know where it came from because I would like to trace the origin of this model (PM me if you like).

woe is me

I've never seen the likes. That's obviously a defensive F1 body and totally looks like NO16 MKI fuze. Was the fuze threading the same or was this body threaded to accept the British fuze?...Dano