Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Premium Member
    Thanks

1 inch aiming rifle

Had a couple of these and then got Peter Labbetts book on British SAA, read up on them and decided to make a point of collecting them. Sure there are some other head stamps to get. Anyone got anything I haven't they wish to part with? 2pr
    Attached Images Attached Images

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Thanks

1 inch

A good selection. can you list them as it is not possible to read them all in the photograph.

Cheers
    TonyE

Premium Member
    Thanks

1in headstamps

Thought some might be hard to read, tricky to photo them all well, so here they are;

Electric, M VM, B VM, E C I, B C I,

Percusion, E C I, E C I (smaller font), E C II (also on primer), B C I overstamped VSM N /l\N R/l\L III and JK in a diamond the B VSM diamond I being barred out, B C I barred out overstamped R/l\L N III, 3 off V.S.M stamped differently.

My personal favourites are the ones that show some history. 2pr

Images
    Thanks

Wink Nice items !

Some nice items there 2 Pounder, I see you even have a fired Bullet from one, rather a rare item I would think !

Thanks
    Nice selection. Another couple I have seen that you need are "M IVM" and "K.N.M.Co. IV KN"

Chris, there seems to be alot of the fired bullets around recently, they appear to have come out of the sea. Someone must have dredged up a load off an old naval gunnery range. I was told they had come out of the Thames estuary.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I have a couple of these cases that you can add to your collection 2pr.
    Both are the electric version and the headstamps are different to those you already have.One has M.T Co at the top and IV at the bottom,made
    by the Morris Aiming Tube Company of Dagenham (Thanks to Falcon for info on this).The other one just has IV M on the bottom,and though not misshapen this one does have a couple of splits in it,seems to be very thin gauge brass.If you'd like these,let me know where to send them,and I'll pop 'em in the post.

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Thanks

1 inch AR

Here are a couple of late(ish) Kynoch drawings from the mid 1920s. One is the Mark I Cordite Electric and the other the percussion version.

Interestingly, I also have Kynoch drawings for the 1 inch Nordenfelt from the same period, and this was for an order from Armstrong Whitworth. I have no idea which country was still using Nordenfelts at that date, but unfortunately the Kynoch order number only relates back to A-W and not their customer.

Regards
    TonyE

Premium Member
    Thanks

1 inch aiming

Thanks Chris for the cases, Thanks Tony for the drawings, it would be nice to know where various items of strange rounds etc went, I'm sure all the major contractors made special things for abroad but where the records went who knows, probably thrown away when factories moved or closed.

I now have 9 different cases out of (if I've read Peters book correctly) about 36 so plenty to keep me busy and some hope of getting more. 2pr

Images
    Thanks
    Hi 2pr
    Nice collection
    I have a few different cases but also have a spare overstamped one.
    Original HS looks like I LOT 117 B & 8 0R O 0R S? OVERSTAMPED R^L III N C THERE IS ALSO A SMALL 2 BEFORE & BELOW THE III

Premium Member
    Thanks

1in HS

There was a maker B&S but I'm not sure who they were, RL did the mkIII C rounds most being converted cases from other makers, dont know for sure if they made their own as well ie virgin cases. I've got a couple of RL IIIs overstamped, but nothing B&S so am interested. What are you into particularly? 2pr

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast