What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walts

The amount of fake veteran's in Australia just keeps on growing, and some get money for injuries sustained in the 'service of the country'. The problem is now that real ex-servicemen need to get shite loads of paperwork, and then have to jump through a series of hoops, to get their injury claims recognised. The Department of Veterans' Affairs is known derisively (sp?) as the Department Against Veterans'.

Johno,

Delta Force is now usually called SFOD-D. What that stands for is Special Forces (Green Berets mostly), Operational Detachment-Delta. Within about 10-15 years ago, Delta was manned by Special Forces who had went through a course that is just like the one that the SAS uses to pick their men from. In the past, in some cases, entire classes failed. Now within the last 10 years or maybe longer, anybody from any service can try out for SFOD-D.

Now, SEAL Team 6 are in some ways exactly like SFOD-D. The only real difference between the two, is that SEAL Team 6 handles anything on the sea, and the ground element to. A few examples are like: the USA owned ship that was taken by Somalia Pirates a yeara or so back. SFOD-D and SEAL Team 6 were both involved. Also, when Karzid needed body guards the TEAM 6 and SFOD-D took turns being his bodyguard, I believe the switch was made every 6 months if not sooner. Then some security (Private firms like Executive Outcomes and Blackwater) firms took over.

So, in the end, The ONLY SPECIAL FORCES HERE IN THE USA ARE THE GREEN BERETS!

Ive been following this one on a few other forums that I frequent. Here is a close up of his, ahem, medals.

He's wearing them incorrectly in so many ways.

1. Worn on 2 rows, not a single row.
  2. He has a Queen's Commendation for Valuable Service on a gallantry award that is awarded for service under fire. The QCVS is for service not under fire.
  3. Has an MID on a gallantry medal instead of a campaign medal.
  4. He is wearing foreign awards that have not been authorised for wear.
  5. He is wearing foreign awards mixed up with British awards. They should be worn after all British awards.
  6. He shouldn't wear a MC and MM together. If he was commissioned, the MM would be upgraded to an MC and a bar added for his second MC
  7. The NATO medal should be worn as a campaign medal, before his LS&GC and foreign awards
  8. MSM is awarded for a minimum 27 years service.
  9. He has officer medals but has a ORs cap badge.
  10. DSO awarded to Major or above, so how many extra years after his 27? Sometimes to Captain, rarely to Lieutenants
  11. He has the CSM Clasp Kuwait AND Gulf Medal. One or the other was awarded but not both. Two medal rule.
  12. He has a rosette on the ribbon of the Gulf Medal but no clasp. The rosette is for wear on the ribbon bar.
  13. Appalling method of mounting, stitching through the front of the ribbon!!

A man has admitted wearing military medals he did not earn at an Armistice Day parade in Warwickshire. Roger Day, 61, of Church Street, Earl Shilton, Leicestershire, was arrested after he was seen wearing 17 medals at the parade in Bedworth on 11 November.
He pleaded guilty at Nuneaton Magistrates' Court to unlawfully using military decoration.
The court heard how Day had started to make up stories to impress his new wife, who was 24 years younger.
He was sentenced to carry out 60 hours of community service.
Organisers of the parade, Bedworth Armistice Day Association, said they became suspicious of Day's 17 medals, which included awards for serving in World War II, the Military Medal, and SAS badges.
They said no person could have lived long enough to have collected so many medals.
Day, who worked as a carpenter, was videoed appearing in the parade.
He was prosecuted under the 1955 Army Act.

Source, BBC news.

I guess to a certain extent I am a Walt. I portray a SOG member in Vietnam but I have did my own work in looking exactly like they did. I have been study them from circa 1975 to present day. I also believe that I own every book written about them too.

As far as the people go, I tell them up front when they ask me any questions, that I was never in Vietnam nor was I ever in SOG. After that I start to refer them (SOG) as "we" did this or that, but nothing that I hadn't researched or were told to me by my friends who actually were in SOG. I call my self a "Living Historian". I know more at times than some of the people that were in it and have friends who were in it too. They mostly appreciate what I do and state they want to be finally recognized.

I will never say Yes to being a Green Beret, or YES to I was in SOG myself. It is a sure way to get you into big problems including a Federal Offense crime that can send you into a Federal Prison. Just like these guys did: http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...play.php?f=117.

I hope this makes sense because I want to tell their story to the USA and the world who have never heard of them.

V40

Last edited:
I guess to a certain extent I am a Walt. I portray a SOG member in Vietnam but I have did my own work in looking exactly like they did. I have been study them from circa 1975 to present day. I also believe that I own every book written about them too.

As far as the people go, I tell them up front when they ask me any questions, that I was never in Vietnam nor was I ever in SOG. After that I start to refer them (SOG) as "we" did this or that, but nothing that I hadn't researched or were told to me by my friends who actually were in SOG. I call my self a "Living Historian". I know more at times than some of the people that were in it and have friends who were in it too. They mostly appreciate what I do and state they want to be finally recognized.

I will never say Yes to being a Green Beret, or YES to I was in SOG myself. It is a sure way to get you into big problems including a Federal Offense crime that can send you into a Federal Prison. Just like these guys did: http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...play.php?f=117.

I hope this makes sense because I want to tell their story to the USA and the world who have never heard of them.

V40

progress.gif
Hey v40
your NO walt mate,dont disrespect yourself in that way.
I think its been said but ''walts' totally make a mockery of serviceman and the services,the men killed and injured in their work.
Ive always seen Medals as sacred,the family crown jewells.
Something very private and worn on very special occasions.
Some men are not happy about them because their fellows have fallen and they have survived,and received medals.

For these clowns to fake service and publicy swan about amongst ex-servicemen who have to live with the real horrors of war night after night,waking up in a cold sweat it makes me sick.

V40 the re enactment/living history that you are involved in is about education,and for that i have great respect.
You are nothing like these fakes.
The money,research and time spent showing others alittle taste of history is comendable and positive
that goes for all you living history folk.
Sorry to go on,but i feel strongly on this one.