What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

strange french F1 after its been cleaned

2483shaun

it appears to have the letter ( N ) on the body and ( G ) on the fuze and the base plug which is also identical to a british No16 .
thanks for looking
shaun

Attachments

• Obraz 016.jpg
    Obraz 016.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Obraz 018.jpg
    Obraz 018.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Obraz 021.jpg
    Obraz 021.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Obraz 033.jpg
    Obraz 033.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Obraz 034.jpg
    Obraz 034.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
F1

Hi Shaun, The F1 really cleaned up nice but i've never seen in this configuration. do you know where it came from (where found)? Interesting to say the least. Just when you think you've seen it all, then something new pops up. Great hobby...Dano

what when why where how

Does anyone have any further information on this grenaDE. i HAD NO IDEA THAT THIS RARE JEWELL EVEN EXISTED. wOULD APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ANYONE COULD PROVIDE AS TO ITS USE, WHERE, WHEN, why etc... Seems like a lot of trouble was gone through to refit an F1 with the British components. Would the fuze threadings be the same on the French F1 in relation to the British guts??? Also shaun, what did you use to clean the grenade, curious as I saw the before picture and it looked really cacked and came out so nice.....Dano

Last edited:
Hello

Are you sure it is a british n16 fuze ? hum... just an idea : few days ago, I was looking for russian grenades, and I found a similar shape (almost) F1 grenade, without fuze, but with a plug (not the filling plug) and this plus had the same shape than an fuze.

So, it wasn't a fuze, but a plug with a cylinder inside, to maintain the explosive hole for the real fuze.

It's just an idea....

Pascal

hi there

yes its def a No16 fuze its identical to the ones on my No16 and the threads are also the same
thanks shaun