What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

9mmP Silencer ammn.

poltewerke

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Hi, the 9mm para. collectors may find these drawings of interest, they were liberated from Polteweke in May/June, 1945. by CIOS investigators working on Gp.2 targets. Enjoy, RonB.

Attachments

• .300in. labels 001.jpg
    .300in. labels 001.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 78
  • .300in. labels 002.jpg
    .300in. labels 002.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 64
  • .300in. labels 003.jpg
    .300in. labels 003.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 65
Nice drawings Ron. Has Lew seen these?

Cheers
TonyE
Have just sent them on but just a few - have much more in this file so will see what he says. l did send on the drawing of the machine pistol which l assume uses this ammn. - project ''Wolfsche''. Tony, still awaiting your full address - . 280 inch. ammo box dwg.is here ready for dispatch. Will call you if l have an hour free during the next few days. As ever, RonB.

Ron, Send an email but apparently didn't get through. Am in Holland on way from Czech meeting to ECRA meeting.

I had copies of the Drawings posted on my website at http://gigconceptsinc.com/Exp-Polte-Subsonic.html and did an IAA Journal article a few years ago. I really appreciate the drawings of the gun which I had not seen.

I first got these about 15 years ago and have looked hard, but there is no record of any collector having or having seen this ammo. the first two loads with the wads are probably indistinguishable from normal loads, except that they perhaps lack a pa color which is the only indication on a lot of experimental German WWII 9mm 08. Even a normal X-Ray probably wouldn't pick up the difference.

It is interesting that about 40 years ago, before I was in the UK, I picked up a batch of Swiss 9mmP from an old US dealer-his collection and old stock, and in there were half a dozen Swiss militry loads from 1950 with a rough knurled crimp added around the bullet supplementing the normal crimp. One of these had clearly had the bullet pulled in the past so I pulled it again, since it was considerably heavier than the normal. Interestingly, it was a typical Swiss 9mmP bullet, but with a lead tail just like the steel tail on the Wolff bullet!!!! The Swiss have been able to find no record of this load which was clearly just an experiment. They suspect that it was a subsonic load. Then your drawings show up with the same kind of bullet base. It makes one think that the Swiss saw this design and in 1950 or so decided to try it as an approach to a heavy bullet with minimum changes to production machinery.

If anyone has more information on this I would be greatly interested.

Cheers,

Lew

I'm translating the notes on the drawings and have kind of hit a snag with the phrase "Ladefhigkeit wird mit Lehre geprft."

Google translate comes out "Loading capacity is tested by teaching".

I'm thinking this is closer to the actual meaning: "Powder charge weight detemined by test."

Any comments, pro / con?

It's interesting to note that the Germans apparently didn't use Luger's Nahpatrone with the 157-grain bullet (Datig's book).

Also, what case is 13 E 9106? How is this one different from the other steel case design?

Can we see the SMG the Wolff round was developed for?

Why do I ask so many questions?