Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

All of my Japanese stuff...

Since I cant seem to post in classifies, I figured I would post here..
    This is all of the Japanese stuff that was in my attic.. Obviously the spoils of war... I was really intrigued by the wallets, they were stuffed with money, most like brand new.. Imperial notes at that, not Occupation money..

will have to post a couple times to fit it all in...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    and more....

Thanks
    and now the flags.....

Thanks
    and lastly, this is a big flag about 4 ft long...

18pounder
    fantastic items mate.
    As a show of respect i wouldnt rest untill i have tracked down the family of the man in the passbook.

Its quite a haunting set of stuff,especially the teeth.

I knew a mate that had a Nazi gold ring from his Grandad (grandad was a Nazi) and this was said to be made from Gold fillings from a certain concentration camp.
    yuck

He destroyed it, as he felt it was imoral and disrespectfull to trade in such items.

I agreed.

The flags,teeth and personal dagger might have come from the chap in the photos and could have been killed by your Grandad maybe?

I find these items VERY interesting but tragic too,there just a bit too personal for me.

If I had them,I would keep them
    -especially as they were your Grandads,he kept them for a reason,if you sell any of his stuff then the objects become just 'objects' without a story.

Thats my opinion only mate

Images
    Thanks

Family history

I myself am not interested in collecting Japanese WWII stuff unless grenades, but did want to comment on what a nice array of Japanese militaria you have there. I don't know much about flags but well imagine they're worth a small fortune (by my standards) especially the big flag. how could one even consider letting such family heirlooms go is beyond me. These are things that I would think best passed down from generation to generation. But that's me. good luck in whatever you decide to do with the stuff...Dano

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks
    Hi. You have some great looking items there. Most of the quality items you find on the collectors market were brought home by someones grand dad, so don't feel bad about selling them. It would improve the historic value of the items if you could include the service record of your grand dad with them.

Dano, Jap flags etc look good with your grenades (here's some of mine), you really should consider branching out into that area addiction.

Cheers
    Last edited by Fragman; 26th February 2010 at 10:31 PM.

Images
    Thanks

WOW Colin

Now Colin, That is one very impressive Japanese display. You obviously have one very fine collection. Me likee. I absolutely love that Japanese helmet as I am trying to get a helmet shell for each type of grenade(s) I have. Have located a WWII Japanese shell (no star) for 20.00 and figure I can make a pseudo star for it. It gives me ideas but I have too many irons in fire right now. Best to you and yours..Dano P.S. Also point well taken on how all stuff came from someones grandpappy. D
    Last edited by dano1917; 17th September 2009 at 09:25 PM.

Images
    Thanks
    very nice collection

regards lee

John D. Bartleson Jr.

Japanese Character Markings;

Chris,
    I believe the real part of the story lies in the Japanese characters on each of the flags. Have you attempted to get them translated?
    Regards,
    John aka Bart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast