What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

131 repair.

SG500

Premium Member
This one shows a mind blowing amount of destruction to a very rare projectile.
Its an HE fuzed Crayford that someone obviously had a struggle with to get the fuze out of.
As 131 fuzes seem to be in incredibly short supply has anyone got any bright ideas on how this one can be improved (no, don't say bin it please!).
Should I go down the filler route?
Dave.

Attachments

• 131 repair 001.jpg
    131 repair 001.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 131 repair 002.jpg
    131 repair 002.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 131 repair 003.jpg
    131 repair 003.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 53
  • 131 repair 004.jpg
    131 repair 004.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 131 repair 005.jpg
    131 repair 005.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 41
repair

SG500, My first thought would be to consider the possibility of lightly turning the aluminium body top end to take a turned ring to replace the missing metal ie the bit where the numbers etc go and the wrench slot. If whilst the outer dia is still parallel brass screws could be drilled and tapped into it then turn the angle on between shell body and brass nose it would look more authentic. Could try a model engineer with a very small milling m/c to put in the wrench slot. Or you could give it all to me incl the shell then you wouldn't have to worry about it. 2pr

Thanks for the advice 2 pounder sounds tricky but would give a good result. Thanks also for the kind offer to take it off my hands, I'll struggle on with it as it is at the moment............

Dave.

Hi Dave,
Ouch ! Why is it always the rare bits that get mangled? That cut down red queen case springs to mind as well, it would be a real shame to have to consign it to the spares bin. Please keep us updated on any progress you make with this, best regards Weasel.