What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD2A Latest one

satan18

Hear is another example of an SD2a that i have had for a while but not got around to painting it.

It has all original pins and springs and was painted a horrible silver colour.

I have decided to keep it all plain and leave the markings off.

Attachments

• SD2 Bits 004.jpg
    SD2 Bits 004.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 35
  • SD2 Bits 005.jpg
    SD2 Bits 005.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 36
  • SD2 Bits 014.jpg
    SD2 Bits 014.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 38
Very tasty my friend! The fuze looks in great condition and its good to see these SD2's with the straight 41 screw-in type.
That paint looks well Phil,what is the RAL number please?

cheers

waff

Damn shame these aren't classified as grenades. One of them would look real good on my grenade shelf. Is there a "mine disease"?

Hi Slick

im afraid its called butterfly poisoning and once bitten you cant stop buying them:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Very tasty my friend! The fuze looks in great condition and its good to see these SD2's with the straight 41 screw-in type.
That paint looks well Phil,what is the RAL number please?

cheers

waff

Thanks mate.
This was one that is pitted but no holes and just seemed right to leave as it was as everything works in the spring dept.

The colour is RAL6006 olive grey green and it can be made up at a car paint suppliers and put into aerosol :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Hi Slick

im afraid its called butterfly poisoning and once bitten you cant stop buying them:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

No kidding on that scene mate! I think there may be a swarm of them on BOCN later this week! ;)

best
waff

Hi Slick

Best phil

I'd go along with that too, can't get enough of them!
Nice one Phil, thanks for showing it.
Dave.

sure thing just give me a day, I lent my camera to the response team so it's about 90 to 100 miles away right now.

just took a pic with the cell phone, so it's kind of a bad pic.

Attachments

• 0921091318a.jpg
    0921091318a.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 0921091318c.jpg
    0921091318c.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 23
Quality pictures there buddy,good angle so you can see the differences between that example on a German unit.
Thanks for posting. :)

cheers

waff

I wished i hat a few of them on my shelf that one looks realy nice :tinysmile_fatgrin_t
One of those things that when someone wanted an SD2 they didnt want an M83,but these have become as popular if not more than the German version.

Best phil