What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD2B Awfull drouges

satan18

Hear are a set of the ill fated drouges that could never have stood a chance of working.

These were given to me by a friend and i gave them a work over,
so at least i now have an example of moving drouges.

Attachments

• SD2 Bits 025.jpg
    SD2 Bits 025.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 43
I believe that all the sets out there came from a massive ground dug batch in Germany a few years ago? I too have a set and have been unable to get them working in the slightest.They just sit on the shelf in the display room at the moment. :(

waff

Hear are a set of the ill fated drouges that could never have stood a chance of working.

These were given to me by a friend and i gave them a work over,
so at least i now have an example of moving drouges.

Phil how was it you make new springs? I remember a post about this a while ago and I'm sure you mentioned how you heat the wire when you've coiled it - can't find the post though.
I've got 3 of this type and 2 of them need new springs. I can make the shape easy enough but just need to make them more springy!
Dave.

Phil how was it you make new springs? I remember a post about this a while ago and I'm sure you mentioned how you heat the wire when you've coiled it - can't find the post though.
I've got 3 of this type and 2 of them need new springs. I can make the shape easy enough but just need to make them more springy!
Dave.

Trial and error Dave:sad:
Be prepared to break more than you keep,as i temper them with low heat and immerse them in whale oil,Yep whale oil which allows gradual tempering.

You can use any kind of oil realy but dont get them to hot or they just go to dust literally.

I will try and find the old postings as it was quite an indepth topic with a lot of good imput from members:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Thanks Waff, it was another thread I was thinking about from about a year ago, just can't find it.
Dave.

Hi Waff yes the link works fine, its one of Phils where he did up the small wings and shows photos of the different stages.
Dave.

Hi Waff yes the link works fine, its one of Phils where he did up the small wings and shows photos of the different stages.
Dave.

Thats the one,thanks pal.For some reason i could not open the link?? :neutral:

waff

sure sounds like a good device, must be kind of a rare piece

No not rare at all because as waff said they found a load of these wings buried in Germany which i think they never were realy used.

But as an example its nice to have a set.

best phil