What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Butterfly bomb colours - is this correct?

Is the blue correct? Never seen one in that colour. What's the blue represent if it is correct. It says its repainted based on the original colours.

Never seen one painted blue before Dave. I notice it has the experimental cut-down wings, could possibly be something to do with that, but I've never heard of blue being used in any combination before- but who knows? I would like to see some documentary evidence to support what they say.
Intresting never-the-less,
regards
Kev

The SD2 shown is a smoke filled practice bomb probably came from Reichlin , where a lot of these were dug up from,
if it was painted blue , then thats the colour of the emitting smoke., ihave had several of these from the same source with remains of Red paint and also yellow and White paint

Definitely re-painted. Practice bomb should be red and also have smoke escape holes.