What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another nice headstamp ruined

Falcon

I was at the car boot sale this morning and saw a "trench arted" 2 Pounder case. It had been cut down to about half length, had lines scored around it, and had three semi circular "petals" at the top. Unortunately it was an S-Gun case marked 40mm with the headstamp below :mad:. Even worse, the seller wanted 15 for it.

Can anyone shed any light on the meaning of the "AP2B" and "353"?

Attachments

• sgun_hs.GIF
    sgun_hs.GIF
    7.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
hack job

Hi Falcon, Sorry bud but cannot help with markings, but just wanted to comment that it makes me sick to my stomach when a nice piece gets ruined by a "rebel without a clue". for the life of me I just don't get why these things are done. I saw last week a pretty nice WW2 dated 37mm US casing that was larger than 37mm at headstamp area (obviously had been a "necked down" case at one point) then some "hack" completely sawed off the necked down portion. Not rare in the first place by any means but would have been a good displayer. I say make the punishment fit the crime, like take the quarter panels on his 69 SS396 Chevelle and saw the openings to about double their normal size, then tear off his head and poop in his neck!!!!. Dano

I was at the car boot sale this morning and saw a "trench arted" 2 Pounder case. It had been cut down to about half length, had lines scored around it, and had three semi circular "petals" at the top. Unortunately it was an S-Gun case marked 40mm with the headstamp below :mad:. Even worse, the seller wanted 15 for it.

Can anyone shed any light on the meaning of the "AP2B" and "353"?

What a blow!! It makes you wish you'd never seen it in the first place!

Dave.