What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

37mm hotchkiss

Andre Durieux

Hi
Just a image of development of the german 37mm shells during
the period of 1890-1918.
Cheers
Andre
2dudwli.jpg

Hi Andre
great stuff...

A question for you, did you know this 37mm shell??
thnks for info
best regards

Attachments

• DSC02222.jpg
    DSC02222.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC02223.jpg
    DSC02223.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC02224.jpg
    DSC02224.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC02225.jpg
    DSC02225.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC02226.jpg
    DSC02226.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 72
this is the last picture

Attachments

• DSC02227.jpg
    DSC02227.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 45
ciao Andre
the wide copper driving band make me thinking as an earlier design ( 1881 ?? ). in shape is similar to the m 88M shell with schneider N3 bis fuze. but, I know, it differs a lot from the fuze design and obviously from the driving band.. may be a prototype??

may be a semi armour piercing?? the 1st APHE was the mod. 1892. my items is previous......
therefore there was a base fuze, or a tracer element on the base. never seen before... I'm sorry
Useless to indicate the nationality of the projectile, approval the wide use that of has been made.

last hypothesis, a lighter. but for me, if so it has been made a hard job in order to transform it. I will esclude it.
best regards

Hi
Very interesting
Thanks for this informations.
I think experimental or rather small serie of fabrication.
The base is certainly for a traceur.
A image of shell Schneider 3 bis with fuse extra-sensisitive.
A+
Andre
2ip281.jpg

Schneider 37-mm

Hi

the museum I volunteer at has two of the Schneider 37-mm projectiles - identified only as "French shells". Can you tell me what weapons used them and when. The specific identification is the two narrow driving bands.

Thanks

Doug

Hotchkiss Cigar lighter

It looks like it has been made into a Cigar Lighter of some kind, the wick is missing as is the inside stuffing, the base would have been sealed and held it all. There is no lighter assembly and that may have been on a matching piece. This one was lit and passed around the table. I have seen that combination once before.

Can you send me images of the projectiles in the museum ? or post same.