What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

50 cal

18pounder

Hi all

dont know anything about small arms ammo.

Could some one tell me what the markings mean,and where its made?

Found in a box in Belgium (about 100 of em!)
Thanks

18pounder

Attachments

• DSC02214.jpg
    DSC02214.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC02215.jpg
    DSC02215.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 40
This was made at Lake City Ammunition Plant, Lake City, Missouri, USA in 1953. It looks like a standard M33 ball round.

This was made at Lake City Ammunition Plant, Lake City, Missouri, USA in 1953. It looks like a standard M33 ball round.

Thankyou sir,all i need to know now why did i find a stack of them in Belgium?? best not to ask i think!

thanks again

I'm wondering why you have a fired case with a projectile in it? If the projo is crimped, it might have been made up as a drill round.

dogdy 50 cals

I'm wondering why you have a fired case with a projectile in it? If the projo is crimped, it might have been made up as a drill round.

Some one i know dealt with it ,and emptied it (dont know how he dealt with the primer) the others were destroyed as it appeared to have been illegaly kept or dumped and i didnt want the resposibility of them.

18wonder

sorry 'peashooter'