What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my magpie collection

collection

Hi Armystuff,
Great collection thanks for letting us see it, I thought i have a lot of kit.
when i learn to post photo,s on the sight i can show you what i have.

panzer 1

hi panzer1 :tinysmile_shy_t:
i will look forword to that may be we can swap junk thats what my wife calls it ?

regards armystuff

I'd just like to point out that the following medals USED to be in Armystuffs collection but are no longer :)

WilsonLG.jpg

JWILSON3.jpg

John Wilson was a 22 year 9 month old ploughman from Auchintibber Farm, High Blantyre, Lanarkshire (his father's farm) when he enlisted at Hamilton on the 13th June 1917. He stood 5'11" tall.

He was deemed to have enlisted on 2/3/16, but was not called up till the 13/6/17. On the 29/6/17 he was posted as a trooper to the 1st Life Guards. He was transferred to the Guards Machine Gun Regiment on the 10/5/18; He served in France from 17/5/18 (T.O.S. Gds MG Regt 18/5/18) till 4/3/19. He was transferred to the Reserve on 9/4/19 and discharged on demobilisation on 31/3/20.

Thank you for allowing me to act as custodian to the memorial of one of Britains unsung heros.

Some more recent pictures from the Armystuff collection
Thank you Dawn for permitting these images to be posted

all items in this collection are fully inert and can be proven so .The weapons are legally deactivated with certification ..spotter

Attachments

• arc2.jpg
    arc2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 55
  • arc3.jpg
    arc3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 44
  • arc8.jpg
    arc8.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 54
  • arc7.jpg
    arc7.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 47
  • arc10.jpg
    arc10.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 51
Armystuff collected some really nice items and such a wide variaty love the shell collection

regards leeski

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you spotter

thanks for your help spotter, i know arch would still want to show off his stuff
all the best
Dawn

Hi Dawn keep on showing Archies collection, i look forward to seeing it for real in the new year on my grand tour of Scotland.Tony.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

I think i can help with your answer here,,if i remember correctly these are 37mmm german ww1 sockelflak rounds in the wrong cartridges,Archie liked to put loose projectiles in any case they fitted into

added picture showing the actual rounds marked in the photo next to a cut one

Attachments

• 3DSC00100.jpg
    3DSC00100.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Large collection !

I didn't realise how extensive Archies collection was, that must have taken some collecting and over a good number of years.
Dawn, you must be proud of it all as Archie achieved a "grand collection" indeed.

Chris :tinysmile_shy_t:

so proud

i agree arch done a great job, i am very proud of him in so many ways including his collection, thanks all
Dawn