What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Military Cartridges by Lenselink and deHek

SG500

Premium Member
I've had copies of these books for years and they have been absolutely invaluable in helping me identify many of the odd cannon rounds I collect.

The books consist mainly of line drawings and cartridge lists.
I think they're all out of print now but I'm sure there are some around out there.
I've used part 3 the most because it has a great cartridge calibre list. Part 4 is the final part in the series and repeats many of the line drawings from previous volumes. If I had a choice go for parts 3 and 4 but all is even better!!
The calibre list in part 3 goes up to 54mm.
The line drawings in part 4 go up to 40mm

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If anyone has spare copies I'm sure they'd sell quickly in the classifieds section (sorry guys, I'm definitely keeping mine).

Dave.

Attachments

• 11 November 09 004.jpg
    11 November 09 004.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 11 November 09 005.jpg
    11 November 09 005.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 11 November 09 006.jpg
    11 November 09 006.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 11 November 09 007.jpg
    11 November 09 007.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 72
  • 11 November 09 008.jpg
    11 November 09 008.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 64
Dave,

Do the books have ISBN numbers, so that a search could be done on the internet for them?

Last edited:
John,

A start;

Lenselink, J., Wanting, H.E. and de Hek, Willem Dirk. 1983. Patronen. Delfia Press. Rijiswik, Netherlands. 298p. ISBN: 906449-0201​
Lenselink, J., Wanting, H.E. and de Hek, Willem Dirk. 1993. Patronen des 20 Jahrhunderts. Motorbuch Verlag. Stuttgart, Germany. 295p. ISBN: 3613013231.​
Lenselink, J. and de Hek, Willem Dirk. 1986. Notes on Small and Medium Caliber Military Cartridges : Vol 1 Cartridges and projectiles in drawings and pictures. Delfia Press. Rijswijk, Netherlands. 201p. ISBN: 9064490503.​
TimG​

John if you cannot find them then let me know, Jan Lenselink has been a good friend here for many years (he helped me get my Dutch collecting license) and he spends much of his time helping out out at Joop's in MTM. He may know a source if you cannot order them locally.

Jeff,

I searched every used book seller on the net by ISBN and author for all three books, and couldn't find anything, so any help would be greatly appreciated Jeff.

Hello,

these books are regularly available at the Dutch Ecra meetings, I know a Dutch member has them in stock. I don't know however iff he'd appreciate me posting his email here, I'll ask him and get back on the subject later.

Greetz

Menno.

Hey guys,

I've asked Ronald, the guy that sells these books in the Netherlands, iff it would be OK for me to post his E-mail adres, here it is:

rpluym@zonnet.nl

There are only ten complete sets left, after that only issues 3 and 4 will be available.

No connection to seller other than sattisfied customer.

greetz,

Menno.

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry for causing some confusion here.
The complete set offered is three books, the first two volumes in the picture are long since out of print, however, the later three books include all information that was published in two the previous titles.

Apologies and greetz,

Menno.

Hey Guys,

The complete set offered is three books, the first two volumes in the picture are long since out of print, however, the later three books include all information that was published in two the previous titles.

Apologies and greetz,

Menno.

Hi yes just to add to your comments, books 2, 3 and 4 will give anyone who owns then the ability to identify most rounds they come across up to about 54mm. If you do get the chance to get the first book (black cover) it also has some great colour photos in the back of it. If you get a chance to get part 1 in the series it offers some detailed information on certain rounds which the other books don't include.
Dave.

Thanks for the head up Menno.

I ordered a set and my wife said they have just arrived.

I will be back home next week and look forward to reading them.

Will.

Hey Guys,

Apologies and greetz,

Menno.

Thanks Menno, I got the books from your buddy today. I appreciate the "hook up" :bigsmile:

Well worth the money and Ronald is great to deal with.

Thanks.

Hey Guys,

I've got an update considering these books.
As Ronald is clean out of them due to overwhelming response, he asked met to provide the adres of another ECRA member who still has a supply of them.

This member is Harry Telkamp, he can be reached via:

harryjacqueline@planet.nl

greetz,

Menno.