What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed on mortar fuze

pointblank0

BOCN Supporter
Hello all,
Can somebody identify the fuze on this 51mm mortar. I have no idea on fuzes but am trying to learn. The fuze on this is stamped - L127 REP.
Does anyone have any diagrams etc? Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Picture1.jpg
    Picture1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 63
Fuze Plug Replica

If it is stamped L127 REP then it is not in fact a real fuze but a Replica Fuze plug. it will have all the correct shape and maybe even some rear end threads with a dummy magazine that replicates Fuze L (L-for Land service) 127 model of fuze.

Looks liks a curent 50 mm HE Mortar body.
Very nice item especially being HE !

Last edited:
Thanks Chris. Are these fitted for drill purposes or are they literally replicas for display? There is another on SA at the moment if you're interested

Plug Rep !

Hi Pointblank they are usually fitted to practice rounds so they represent the "real" thing in both looks and feel as well as weight.

An HE body is a slightly unusual find as the practice bombs are the first items to go "walkies" from stores not the hazardous ones.

Drill rounds are usually made as "Drill" rounds from reject production components as they do not have to be quite so exacting as a rule.

Sadly I no longer collect the general items of Ordnance but thanks for the "heads up" anyway !

There was quite a lot of these on sale on fleebay some time back. Gerry the bomb had them. I saw one for sale at Birmingham national last year, looked like it had never been filled and also noticed was painted inside too. (possible a repaint)