What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relic mortar

navyman

Hello,
I also received this empty 'priest' mortar projectile today. I believe they were finned spigot rounds? I'm toying with the idea of reproducing the missing parts unless anyone knows where I may be able to find some spares? As my lathe has a fault at present, (just before Christmas of course), spare parts would probably be my best option.
Any advice very welcome,
Cheers,
navyman.

Attachments

• P mor 1a.jpg
    P mor 1a.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 26
  • P mor 3a.jpg
    P mor 3a.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 18
Yes, it's a grenade the mortar spigot.

I attach the grenade used in Spain, in the civil war, copy of the germany grenade.

Greeting

Attachments

• IMG_2472_peq.jpg
    IMG_2472_peq.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 52
Wow, I didn't knew that they used/copied them too! I think the spanish used french WW1 handgrenades like the Citron Foug too during the civil war.

Made in Britain!

Wow, I didn't knew that they used/copied them too! I think the spanish used french WW1 handgrenades like the Citron Foug too during the civil war.

Hello Der Feldgraue,
Anything they can do we can do better!
Here's the Citron Foug I built an inert mechanism for recently.
Apologies if you've already seen it, I did show it on the site not long aga.
Cheers,
navyman.

Attachments

• end 3.jpg
    end 3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 55
  • end 7.jpg
    end 7.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 34
I found such a mortar, not my field. The only body markings I can find are "W SG". What do I have here?

Attachments

• Priest 1.jpg
    Priest 1.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Priest 2.jpg
    Priest 2.jpg
    346.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Priest 3.jpg
    Priest 3.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 21