What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some old 303's

18pounder

Hello all

mate gave me these today,some well aged 303 rounds.

Can some one i.d. them for me?

Also,have some rounds in a stripper clip and no idea what they are or the type of weapon they are used for.

Thanks for your help

18pounder

Attachments

• 303's old trench a tr ash tray 002.jpg
    303's old trench a tr ash tray 002.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 303's old trench a tr ash tray 003.jpg
    303's old trench a tr ash tray 003.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 70
The .303 are Indian, Kirkee Arsenal Mk 7 ball ammo made in 1939. The others are 5.56 ball ammo (looks to be based on size) on a 5 round stripper clip....Used with the M16, SA80, or similar type weapons. Any headstamp?

Last edited:
Old .303

The .303s are Ball Mark VII made at Kirkee Arsenal in India in September 1939.
Nothing particularly special about them, as they are typical Indian made rounds.

The smaller rounds in the charger look like 5.56mm as used in most of the modern NATO rifles like the American M16/M4, British L85A2 etc. The case length should be 45mm.

Regards
TonyE

The .303s are Ball Mark VII made at Kirkee Arsenal in India in September 1939.
Nothing particularly special about them, as they are typical Indian made rounds.

The smaller rounds in the charger look like 5.56mm as used in most of the modern NATO rifles like the American M16/M4, British L85A2 etc. The case length should be 45mm.

Regards
TonyE
th
anks
chaps
18pdr