What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SD2 cut

Hi Kev
I am using a plasmer disc cutting wheel as the cut is just over 1mm and saves on the hacksaw marks and time on the hands:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Good result though mate

Best phil

Oh, to have the right tools!!!
For me it was a junior hacksaw, several hours work, aching arms and fingers that haven't quite recovered from using several sheets of varying grades of wet 'n dry to get the finish. Still, given a chance, I'd do it all over again!!
Well over 40 hours work on this one, but have to say I did enjoy the challange.

Good luck with your present project Phil , anything that saves time on the finish sounds good to me, my arms really did ache for some time afterwards!

Cheers Kev

Many thanks Eugene.

I feel I must make it clear to anyone attempting to do a cutaway. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT UNLESS YOU ARE 110% CERTAIN IT IS FREE OF ANY EXPLOSIVE MATERIAL. (or anything else for that matter) Study the object and know it inside out before doing anything!

Please note, all items within my collection are inert and are totally empty.

You may use the pictures I have posted Eugene, thankyou for asking.

Cheers Kev

Super!
Thanks again!!!

big_smiles_9.gif

Cheers!

Eugene.

Well done, it looks great. Dont think I will be attempting this any time soon, i have a mills that is sectioned in a cardboard box marked as such, and dont think i could do such a good job, I will leave it to you lot that have the right tools, patience and stuff to cut!.