What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chinese 7.62 x 51

peashooter

BOCN Supporter
I have some 7.62 with a CJ headstamp now I belive this to be - China North Industries Corp., (NORINCO), 7A Yue Tan Nan Jie, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China. Can anyone tell me if they are military or Civi rounds please

many thanks
Rich.

Chinese don't mark their military ammunition with the stamp CJ. Do you have a photo and the rest of the details of the cartridge?

Is it copper washed steel cased ammo? I've seen Chinese .308 ammo (7.62x51) but I don't recall the headstamp, anyway there has been a lot of it imported here for the civilian shooters market.

Is it copper washed steel cased ammo? I've seen Chinese .308 ammo (7.62x51) but I don't recall the headstamp, anyway there has been a lot of it imported here for the civilian shooters market.
Hi Gijunkman & Peashooter,
I have one of these headstamped RG 60 L2A2 (+)!!!! apparently used for clandestine use in Africa
Cheers
Tony

smle2009, Is your round steel cased? I know the Chinese made .30 carbine that was brass cased and headstamped LC52, but the stuff was corrosive as hell and would ruin a rifle barrel in a couple of days. Anyway, back to the 7.62x51 all the stuff I've seen here was in 20 rnd boxes marked China Sports unfortunatly I don't have any of this stuff as I'm afraid to shoot it through my M1A and therefor haven't bought any.

CHinese RG

Yes, the fake RG ammo made by the Chinese was copper washed steel. Apparently it was originally made for the Phillipine rebels along with the "Fake" Chinese M14 rifle.

The ammunition also ended up in Africa (Angola and with the ANC I believe) as Smle2009 stated.

Regards
TonyE