What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.303 chargers

Thanks gents.
Right updated list again, if anyone has any more info or I really would like any photo's of stamps on chargers.

I could really do with any photo's of the chargers and any info you have to prove who made what.

If anyone wants this list in any other format just ask and I will send it to you

cheers
Rich.

Attachments

• .303 Enfield charger list updated.pdf
    93.1 KB · Views: 184
Thanks gents.
Right updated list again, if anyone has any more info or I really would like any photo's of stamps on chargers.

I could really do with any photo's of the chargers and any info you have to prove who made what.

If anyone wants this list in any other format just ask and I will send it to you

cheers
Rich.

What a great compilation of data and long overdue. I have a suggestion that you put a revision date on each version in order to not confuse older lists with newer ones. I am sure that as we refine the data, more lists will likely be generated.

As an aside, I have duplicates of a number of chargers, including many of the Canadian ones. I'm seeking many from other parts of the world so if anyone wants to trade or sell, please touch base.

Regards.

Good Idea 303sniper, I will do that from now on.

Can you send me a list of your spares & I will check through my chargers and compile a spares list.

Rich.

I'm sure if you ask TonyE nicely he will give you the makers mark and details of a Mk 5 charger that he used to have :wink:

Tony

Another stamp to identify

Here is a photo of a .303 charger stamp we are trying to identify I think it is a miss stamped "GC" Gramophone Co. Ltd Hayes Middlesex, any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Attachments

• P2032402.JPG
    P2032402.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 78
  • P2032403.JPG
    P2032403.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 60
Yet another stamp to identify
Hi, have just joined the forum. I know this is an old thread but can not see an update. I have looked at the last download of markings but I can not see the mark I have on a Mk II charger.
Please see attached photo: any ideas? is it rare? Thank you MkII charger.jpgMkII charger (3).JPG

Hi mike. Just been looking at your photos,looks like an FS but not sure. When I can work out how to post photos I'll put some of mine on along with some of my collection.

New to the forum so G'day to everyone,

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd ask my question here rather than start a new thread.

I'm looking for a good way to remove the blister type rust from clips and to protect them into the future any suggestions??

Cheers Eco.

New to the forum so G'day to everyone,

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd ask my question here rather than start a new thread.

I'm looking for a good way to remove the blister type rust from clips and to protect them into the future any suggestions??

Cheers Eco.
I've got maybe 50 Mk4's that were just lying around getting lightly rusted
Took an old metal ammo box, put them in, sprayed lots of WD40, shut the lid & forgot about them.
They look pretty good now

.303 Chargers Mk4 by eLaReF, on Flickr

Last edited:
Unlisted SMLE charger clip ?

Hey all you Charger Clip collectors, thought I would share my new SMLE charger clips find.

I have several lists from different sources detailing SMLE charger clip makers and their marks (if known) none show a Bullpit & Sons mark IV. The one I have is stamped " IV B&S " .

If anyone wants a list of SMLE clip makers let me know.

Cheers Eco.

Attachments

• B & S Mk IV.jpg
    B & S Mk IV.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 25
Yup Definitly a Mark IV and a B&S stamp so first one found so we can add them to the list. It is always nice to find a new one
nice find.