What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Picked this up last week !

rnixartillery

While Im on I thought I would let you know that I picked this up last week.
Its a Soviet 85mm D44,these guns were designed in 1943 but didn't go into production until the late 1940's.
I believe it is a very good attempt to copy the British 17 pounder and has a lot of similarities.
The gun requiries a full restoration,so that will join the others in turn.

pics attached

Rob...................rnixartillery.

Attachments

• 12-11-09_1526.jpg
    12-11-09_1526.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 49582.jpg
    49582.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 178
Hell mate,

what a fantastic find, what a bloody good thing to get your hands on, god ime envious.

Andy

Thanks for posting the pictures Rob.

It is always good to have something to keep you busy. Where was the second picture taken? There is a lot of stuff all in one place.

PC

Wow

While Im on I thought I would let you know that I picked this up last week.
Its a Soviet 85mm D44,these guns were designed in 1943 but didn't go into production until the late 1940's.
I believe it is a very good attempt to copy the British 17 pounder and has a lot of similarities.
The gun requiries a full restoration,so that will join the others in turn.

pics attached

Rob...................rnixartillery.
:tinysmile_classes_t WOW THAT IS NICE.
Vinny

Nice - but reckon the other half would definitely try to use it on me if I brought anything like that home!!!

If you want to know any info on this gun go a head and ask me. I am looking at the specs right now.

Mark

Last edited:
Hi Folks
I have taken delivery of the D44,positioned outside the workshop so I can start freeing things off with a bit of heat.
The gun has been de-activated and there are some parts missing so I need to track them down before I start the restoration.
Can anyone advise me on the type of ammunition the gun would fire,I would really like to find an unfired inert projectile and case for display.:tinysmile_twink_t2:
These guns were designed in 1943 and manufactured from 1945 to 1953.

Cheers
Rob..........................rnixartillery.

Attachments

• DSCF3334.jpg
    DSCF3334.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF3335.jpg
    DSCF3335.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DSCF3340.jpg
    DSCF3340.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 50