What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ww2 german incendiary

18pounder

evening all

(i know i havent spelt incendery correctly i gave up trying ha ha)

Anyway

question:

How much should one pay for a typical incendiary bomb,we all know the type image below.

i'd like to buy one
Thanks
18pounder

Attachments

• incedairy.jpg
    incedairy.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 117
Oooh,thats a nice one. I usually pay between 50 and 80 squids for a good one.There is a website out there though that has them for a lot more.....
Buyer beware! ,shop around.

best

waff

Oooh,thats a nice one. I usually pay between 50 and 80 squids for a good one.There is a website out there though that has them for a lot more.....
Buyer beware! ,shop around.

best

waff

hmmm yep ive seen em for 165!!! look good though
yikes
i'll have to keep looking.
I'm in two minds really,i mostly collect ww1...so i'm going a bit off track really.
i think 165 is abit stupid

thanks waff

18pdr

The most ive ever paid is 20 for a mint condition IB with exploding tail , although at the time i didnt know it was one of those.

I seen one go, at Beltring this year for around 90 it whas a mint one :tinysmile_grin_t:

I think it whas 14-18 waff :xd:

Hi paul
Glen millar actually

:xd: Fair enough!

I was chatting with a good pal tonight who once bought an IB many years ago for 7!!
Wow!,where did all those bargains go?:tinysmile_cry_t4:
Mind you,7 was prolly a lot of money way back then.

best

waff

:xd: Fair enough!

I was chatting with a good pal tonight who once bought an IB many years ago for 7!!
Wow!,where did all those bargains go?:tinysmile_cry_t4:
Mind you,7 was prolly a lot of money way back then.

best

waff

Yes indeed matey:xd: twas i that brought that IB from Epping flee market
in 1977 with a lot of hard earned pocket money.

In fact the first one was a 1.3 kilo for 7.00 and a 1.0 kilo for 5.00

still in my collection:xd:

Best phil

Yes indeed matey:xd: twas i that brought that IB from Epping flee market
in 1977 with a lot of hard earned pocket money.

In fact the first one was a 1.3 kilo for 7.00 and a 1.0 kilo for 5.00

still in my collection:xd:

Best phil

'77 eh!

Was that before or after Elvis had shuffled off his mortal coil? You see!,in an earlier post i had mentioned that Fuzeman must have bought one around that time! :p Spooky!!

best

waff

'77 eh!

Was that before or after Elvis had shuffled off his mortal coil? You see!,in an earlier post i had mentioned that Fuzeman must have bought one around that time! :p Spooky!!

best

waff

IN between Sid james and elvis old pal:xd:

Best phil

A good year for IB purchases but not so good for singers and actors i see... :p

Any pics of the IB's my friend?

best

waff

ummmm if anyone hears of one in the uk,going for fair price,please PM me..
thanks

18pounder

Remember folks im ancient , i first started collecting militaria 45 years ago, by the time i was 20 i had had a large collection of swords , then bayonets , and lastly Grenades (i had over 100 of them) these i sold to buy the Amateur radio equipment. my first IB was given to me , by a neighbour , about 40 years ago.
im off to play my 78,s and warm up the valves

Remember folks im ancient , i first started collecting militaria 45 years ago, by the time i was 20 i had had a large collection of swords , then bayonets , and lastly Grenades (i had over 100 of them) these i sold to buy the Amateur radio equipment. my first IB was given to me , by a neighbour , about 40 years ago.
im off to play my 78,s and warm up the valves

:laugh: Nice one!

Good catch on the freebie IB!

best

waff

ummmm if anyone hears of one in the uk,going for fair price,please PM me..
thanks

18pounder

Sorry about the slight distraction there 18pounder just a senior moment
unfolding:smile:,yes im sure one will turn up prety soon as i might know of one or two going up for sale.

Best phil

WW2 incendary

evening all

(i know i havent spelt incendery correctly i gave up trying ha ha)

Anyway

question:

How much should one pay for a typical incendiary bomb,we all know the type image below.

i'd like to buy one
Thanks
18pounder

Hello,
I purchased a pair of these bombs when I was aged 13 from a local junk shop in Portsmouth. They had been painted with a red nose, silver body and black fin unit. Apparently they had been ornaments by someones fireplace since the war. As I was the armourer in the cadet force I disassembled them and found that they were complete except for the approx .45 cal primer cartridge, which was there but had been discharged. I took one of the internal tubes and ignited it with safety fuse in a disused chalk pit in a safe location. I was astonished at the ferocity of the fire which it produced and thought how difficult they must have been to extinguish, particularly as the body itself would be ignited in use.
I must stress that these days, (and then) it would be a stupid thing to do and in no way would advise anyone to do the same.
In 1963 all sorts of militaria were collected and swapped, even at school. We were just told to take care and warned to take anything that looked live to the local police station!
Here's the crunch, you asked how much one of these were worth? I paid five shillings for the two, (25p today), can I claim to have had the cheapest deal for I/Bs so far?
By the way, I wish I'd kept them but think they were swapped for a German helmet of which there were many in those post war years.
Cheers,
navyman.